Also from Andy Deemer…
The Stormglass Novel
Stormglass for the iPad
"A truly immersive experience, The Stormglass Protocol is a room escape puzzle game like no other. ★★★★½" - 148Apps.com
"Rich graphics, an immersive storyline, and puzzles that will have you turned upside down." - iDownloadBlog.com
"The Stormglass Protocol... pulls the genre out of its stationary roots." - JayIsGames.com
"Perfect" - The NY Times
"Terrific" - Entertainment Weekly
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke's DVD Collection in Colombo
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- The Poem I Can't Find…
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- A Lovely Writeup of My Fowl Documentary
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Beijing's Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- A Tiny Roadside Village, Made From Quartz
- Ready to Rumble
- The Cockiest Shrine in Bangkok
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- India's Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- A Noble Slave and an Imperial Cannibal
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- Goodbye Telegram / Hello Telegram
- Rediscovering Beijing: The Ancient Observatory
- Beijing's Single Most Horrific Meal
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- Possibly the Best Menu of All Time
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- China's all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- A Huge New Horde of Hand-drawn Indian Movie Posters
- Nazi Fashion in China
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- A Museum of Nightmares in the Shadow of the Eiffel Tower
- Be an Old Man, Have a Young Wife, in Laos
- Great Art Tributes from The Stormglass Protocol
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
Tag Archives: USA
I’m not a great filmmaker. Or a famous one. If I was, I wouldn’t have ended up drenched in a 3AM rainstorm of the roof of a dilapidated McDonalds, bailing out the small lake of water forming around my sneakers. I definitely wouldn’t have started my filmmaking career in the slums of Buffalo, or have ...
"That's possibly the worst idea I've ever heard." Michelle didn't use these words lightly. She didn't say this when I'd suggested we fly across the country to a park staffed by 108 dwarfs, or we hand-feed live animals to hungry tigers, or we train to become professional taxidermists. But evidently Michelle has her limits, too. ...
We stopped just outside of Mammoth Cave at Cave City, a deserted row of run-down attractions. It has teepee-shaped motels, kangaroo zoos, and a hilltop theme park called Gunsmoke Mountain where a rusty chairlift rocked in the rain. "It's like we've driven back to the 50s," Laurie laughed. At the end of Cave City, I'd ...
We found this strange spiral of stones in the middle of a North Carolina field. "Welcome to Hartleyhenge," said Scotty. "I'm not even sure if Hartleyhenge is the real name," he admitted, "but that's what we call it around here." There's no sign, and no information. A friend of Scotty's, John Hartley, built it ...
In 1968, Henry L. Warren decided to do something special. He started building a tiny village on the side of the road, using white flint rock, concrete, and red brick. He called it "Shangri-La." "Wow," said Scotty, jumping out of the Dart. "Look at all this quartz!" It was amazing. Warren had ...