Also from Andy Deemer…
The Stormglass Novel
Stormglass for the iPad
"A truly immersive experience, The Stormglass Protocol is a room escape puzzle game like no other. ★★★★½" - 148Apps.com
"Rich graphics, an immersive storyline, and puzzles that will have you turned upside down." - iDownloadBlog.com
"The Stormglass Protocol... pulls the genre out of its stationary roots." - JayIsGames.com
"Perfect" - The NY Times
"Terrific" - Entertainment Weekly
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke's DVD Collection in Colombo
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- The Poem I Can't Find…
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- A Lovely Writeup of My Fowl Documentary
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Beijing's Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- A Tiny Roadside Village, Made From Quartz
- Ready to Rumble
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- India's Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- The Cockiest Shrine in Bangkok
- Nazi Fashion in China
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- A Noble Slave and an Imperial Cannibal
- Relive the Cultural Revolution (aka The Weirdest Dinner Theater in Beijing)
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- Beijing's Single Most Horrific Meal
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- China's all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- A Museum of Nightmares in the Shadow of the Eiffel Tower
- Rediscovering Beijing: The Ancient Observatory
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Goodbye Telegram / Hello Telegram
- A Huge New Horde of Hand-drawn Indian Movie Posters
- Great Art Tributes from The Stormglass Protocol
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- Possibly the Best Menu of All Time
Tag Archives: theme parks
Update: it's gorgeous out, so get your suntan lotion, your sunglasses, and camera, and prepare for an amazing day! There's no reason to travel all the way to Hong Kong, when Beijing has it's own Disneyland right here! Sure, it's fake, and weird, and... crumbling, but it couldn't be more fun! Discover the unlicensed ...
When I was living in Kathmadu 20 years ago (yow!) this summer, I found this awesomely makeshift ferris wheel in a nearby theme park. A teenager would stand in the middle, and walk from one bar to the next, giving passengers a slow, staggered ride. Much more recently in southern Laos, down on the island Don Khon, ...
While we were busy on our own adventures, Chinese tourists flocked to Beijing's glorious World Park of their own accord. Some of them with entire camera crews in tow. Wedding photos, engagement photos, bff shots, they were costumed, posed, and so immaculately arranged. Here's a couple of our favorites! Even those who didn't ...
Rickety rollercoasters, useless tour guides, and rather offputting cross dressers. Everything you could want in a Chinese theme park! What an absolutely glorious & outlandish day! Thanks to everyone who made it to AsiaObscura's inaugural event, A Trip to Beijing World Park! 世界公园, where Fengtai brings you the world! (A few pix nicked from A cuppa and ...
When the summer hits Beijing, there's nothing like the feel of the sand, waves lapping at your feet, sweet dolphins hopping at the horizon. Yep -- this summer, it's time once again to visit Crab Island, the best beach in Beijing! “But Beijing’s in the middle of the desert,” I hear you cry. "There are no ...
Saturday, May 7th at 1pmWhy go all the way to Badaling when the Great Wall is right here in Beijing? Join AsiaObscura.com, as we spend a day exploring the eccentricities of Beijing World Park (北京世界公园), the city's quirkiest amusement park. Experience the skyscrapers of Manhattan, the pyramids of Cairo, and even the Taj Mahal of ...
(Optimistically cute sign spotted at the Tiger Balm Gardens, a few months ago... the kids loved it!)Updates will be light this week, as Michelle and I are out on the road, exploring more wild China...
Beijing's filled with hidden secrets. Behind all those highrise tower blocks and overpasses, there is awesomeness to be found. And so it was that we heard rumors of a decrepit half-built theme park, somewhere way out west. The rumors came from a Chinese film student, who'd heard them from a friend, who'd ...