Also from Andy Deemer…
The Stormglass Novel
"Like a Bond adventure for kids... Undeniably entertaining." - Kirkus
"A brilliant twist on the classic theme... captivating." - ForeWord Clarion
"Action-packed and fast-paced... barrels along with a cheerful intensity and no shortage of middle-grade Bond-style adventure." - Publishers Weekly
Stormglass for the iPad
"Truly immersive. ★★★★½" - 148Apps.com
"Rich graphics, an immersive storyline, and puzzles that will have you turned upside down." - iDownloadBlog.com
"Pulls the genre out of its stationary roots." - JayIsGames.com
"Perfect" - The NY Times
"Terrific" - Entertainment Weekly
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- India's Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- The Cockiest Shrine in Bangkok
- Beijing's Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke's DVD Collection in Colombo
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- The Poem I Can't Find…
- Outsider Art Kangaroos at the Beijing Zoo
- Tongzhou's "Kids with Measles" Ride
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain't So Lucky Fish)
- A Lovely Writeup of My Fowl Documentary
- Ready to Rumble
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Nazi Fashion in China
- The Cutest Slippers of All Time
- A Tiny Roadside Village, Made From Quartz
- The Romance Park of the Heart – an abandoned Beijing theme park
- A Huge New Horde of Hand-drawn Indian Movie Posters
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- Modern Day Cavemen of Shanxi
- Beijing's Single Most Horrific Meal
- Chasing the Shaman in Mongolia
- No Panking!
- Hello Kitty & Cuppuccino!
Tag Archives: temple
(Also known as "The most bad-ass 'donations please' advertisement ever conceived" - io9) Halfway between the hippie-mainstay Pondicherry and proto-Jonestown Auroville lies this incredible 15-foot-tall Indian shrine of some awful crime in progress. Evisceration, again! But this wasn't just any old gutting-for-god shrine -- it was an eye-catching call for cash. The local village was ...
Okay, okay, I've been dwelling on the dark side of Taoism for too long. Sure, 19 Incredible Taoist Gods was an awesome series of sweet court officer pix, and Terrible Moments from a Taoist Temple was a collection of terrifying dioramas, but what about the lighter, cuter side of the religion? Is there one? ...
An insane Thai artist, who resides somewhere between Henry Darger and Moebius the Frenchman, realized he needed to return to his hometown, Chiang Rai, and build a temple. Not just any Wat -- it had to be something bigger, something bolder, something more... white. It was to be the most renowned tribute ...
Out near the zoo, hidden in a dusty residential neighborhood, miles from the nearest high street, is a Chiang Mai forest. In the middle of that forest, lies this piece of majesty: Wat Umong. The koans, which you'll find nailed to trees at random, read like a stocking-stuffer self-help book. But they're great. Chickens peck ...