Also from Andy Deemer…
The AsiaObscura Book
"Dancing dwarfs, Nazi cosplay, and children feeding tigers... phenomenal!" - Complex.com
The Stormglass Protocol
"A Bond adventure for kids... Undeniably entertaining." - Kirkus
"A brilliant twist on the classic theme... captivating." - ForeWord Clarion
"Action-packed and fast-paced... barrels along with a cheerful intensity and no shortage of middle-grade Bond-style adventure." - Publishers Weekly
Stormglass for the iPad
"Truly immersive. ★★★★½" - 148Apps.com
"Rich graphics, an immersive storyline, and puzzles that will have you turned upside down." - iDownloadBlog.com
"Pulls the genre out of its stationary roots." - JayIsGames.com
"Perfect" - The NY Times
"Terrific" - Entertainment Weekly
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain't So Lucky Fish)
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- Hello Kitty & Cuppuccino!
- The Romance Park of the Heart – an abandoned Beijing theme park
- Be an Old Man, Have a Young Wife, in Laos
- Stepping on Human Skulls in Bangalore's Black Magic Graveyard
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- No Panking!
- Dr Shankar's Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- Celebrating Easter in China…
- A Museum of Nightmares in the Shadow of the Eiffel Tower
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Wonderfully Crumbling Old Cardboard Castle
- Fiendishly Fun Photo Ops at World Park
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- Chinese Giant Salamander – a tasty treat!
- Keep the Evil Away For Chinese New Year
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- The Ossuaries of Paris…
- Lady Di's Forgotten Career?
- Outsider Art Kangaroos at the Beijing Zoo
- India's Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- One Ghostly Cambodian Ruin
- A Lovely Moment from Ghungroo
- M. Deyrolle's Lovely Collection of Taxidermy
- The Disastrous Fall of Sanmao
- This Has To Be The Worst Massage Of All Time
- Restaurant Rats
- Chinese Tunnel Warfare and Sexual Escapades, Together!
Tag Archives: temple
(Also known as "The most bad-ass 'donations please' advertisement ever conceived" - io9) Halfway between the hippie-mainstay Pondicherry and proto-Jonestown Auroville lies this incredible 15-foot-tall Indian shrine of some awful crime in progress. Evisceration, again! But this wasn't just any old gutting-for-god shrine -- it was an eye-catching call for cash. The local village was ...
Okay, okay, I've been dwelling on the dark side of Taoism for too long. Sure, 19 Incredible Taoist Gods was an awesome series of sweet court officer pix, and Terrible Moments from a Taoist Temple was a collection of terrifying dioramas, but what about the lighter, cuter side of the religion? Is there one? ...
An insane Thai artist, who resides somewhere between Henry Darger and Moebius the Frenchman, realized he needed to return to his hometown, Chiang Rai, and build a temple. Not just any Wat -- it had to be something bigger, something bolder, something more... white. It was to be the most renowned tribute ...
Out near the zoo, hidden in a dusty residential neighborhood, miles from the nearest high street, is a Chiang Mai forest. In the middle of that forest, lies this piece of majesty: Wat Umong. The koans, which you'll find nailed to trees at random, read like a stocking-stuffer self-help book. But they're great. Chickens peck ...