- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- India’s Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Nazi Fashion in China
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- What the Fortune Teller Told Me (Hong Kong)
- The Poem I Can’t Find…
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- Small Children Feeding Live Animals to Tigers in a Chinese Zoo
- Beijing’s Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- American Imperialist Bastards in a North Korean Comic Book
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- A Postcard from Erenhot
- Dr Shankar’s Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- Relive the Cultural Revolution (aka The Weirdest Dinner Theater in Beijing)
- Chisney & Koreansney: Local Disney Knockoffs
- The Disastrous Fall of Sanmao
- China’s first sci-fi movie: Death Ray on Coral Island (1980)
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- Our Six Best China Stories!
- Porn, Rats, and Antique Projectors at Sri Lanka’s Classic Cinemas
- North Korea frightening customs declarations form
- The Taj Mahal… Murder, Incest, and Fratricide
- Awesomely Steampunk Portable Corn Roaster
- One Ghostly Cambodian Ruin
- Medicinal Sea Horse Soup
- On Horse Meat Sashimi
- Deranged Clown Cream Biscuits
- Antilia: The Most Gratuitous House in Mumbai
- Pyongyang Too: A Tribute to Guy Delisle
- 15 More Pictures from weirdoid Tiger Balm Park
- Mr. Chiizu: Great New Photobooth App
- A Huge Pile of Gorgeous Old Thai Movie Posters
- Sweet gruesome statue asking for donations
Tag Archives: South Korea
Who is Totoman? Nobody knows. But is this Totoboy? Totoman reeks of charm, and a deadly smile. Maybe this is Totoman! Totoman likes his grapes deseeded... ...and his ladies, too... He lives on old potted meat in stew. And could this be Totobabe? Mama says it's true. TOTOMAN!!! Totoman Korean Toy Museum and Store, 169-2 Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul , 02-725-1756 Admission ₩1,000 ...
Shoved in a back alley of Seoul's hip Hongdae neighborhood, sandwiched somewhere between "Luxury Ho" Bar and the "F**kFake" Designer Boutique for Men (asterisks not included in actual name), Hello Kitty lives on. Or her cappuccinos do, at least. That's right, even though Hong Kong's legendary Hello Kitty Cafe lost the fight against gentrification, the ...
Imagine a future where donuts come in horrid flavors: carrot, tofu, spinach. Now recognize that the future clearly lives in Korea. Now imagine how it could be worse... Yep. In Korea, they've introduced the Broccoli Donut. I tried to resist. This is a country of cakes, and bakeries, and wonderful mad original tasty treats. But ...
The Ladies of Cosplay -- cute, obsessive, meticulous -- were a sight to behold. But the boys? Well, there were a few pretty awesome getups, like these.... And this chap was remarkable: But for the most part, it was "slap-a-cardboard-box-on-my-head" and "bunny-ears" affair. Sorry lads -- the lovely ladies of Korean cosplay took the prize this ...
A little canine with your coffee? Feline with your free time? Find it here at the Dog and Cat Cafes of South Korea’s capital! If you’re feeling that mid-afternoon slump, there are several branches of pet cafes scattered throughout the city where you can un-dull those 4pm doldrums and set your dander allergies on fire. Buy ...
A couple of days ago, I posted my favorite pictures of cute Korean cosplay girls -- but that's the light-hearted side of Korean cosplay. Flip the switch -- today it's time for the dark half. That's right: Korean Nazis! Now many of you are probably horrified. It's still too recent. But the Koreans love ...
While sex workers were planning to set themselves on fire across town (thanks, Comrade Joe), M and I were deep in Comic World at Seoul's SETEC Convention Center. Each and every one of these girls -- dressed like their favorite comic book characters and anime heroes -- was perfect. Ask them to pose for a photo, ...
Wandering the streets of Seoul's hipster haven, Hongdae, you'll find a treasure trove of awesomeness. But one of the first things to strike you on emerging from the Sangsu subway is this Super-collection of feisty videogame plumbers. They're all here: Mario, Luigi, power-ups and bosses, too, painted on every telephone pole for blocks. ...