Also from Andy Deemer…
The AsiaObscura Book
"Dancing dwarfs, Nazi cosplay, and children feeding tigers... phenomenal!" - Complex.com
The Stormglass Protocol
"A Bond adventure for kids... Undeniably entertaining." - Kirkus
"A brilliant twist on the classic theme... captivating." - ForeWord Clarion
"Action-packed and fast-paced... barrels along with a cheerful intensity and no shortage of middle-grade Bond-style adventure." - Publishers Weekly
Stormglass for the iPad
"Truly immersive. ★★★★½" - 148Apps.com
"Rich graphics, an immersive storyline, and puzzles that will have you turned upside down." - iDownloadBlog.com
"Pulls the genre out of its stationary roots." - JayIsGames.com
"Perfect" - The NY Times
"Terrific" - Entertainment Weekly
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain't So Lucky Fish)
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- The Romance Park of the Heart – an abandoned Beijing theme park
- Hello Kitty & Cuppuccino!
- Be an Old Man, Have a Young Wife, in Laos
- Stepping on Human Skulls in Bangalore's Black Magic Graveyard
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- No Panking!
- Dr Shankar's Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- Celebrating Easter in China…
- A Museum of Nightmares in the Shadow of the Eiffel Tower
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Wonderfully Crumbling Old Cardboard Castle
- Fiendishly Fun Photo Ops at World Park
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- Chinese Giant Salamander – a tasty treat!
- Keep the Evil Away For Chinese New Year
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- The Ossuaries of Paris…
- Lady Di's Forgotten Career?
- Outsider Art Kangaroos at the Beijing Zoo
- India's Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- One Ghostly Cambodian Ruin
- A Lovely Moment from Ghungroo
- The Disastrous Fall of Sanmao
- This Has To Be The Worst Massage Of All Time
- M. Deyrolle's Lovely Collection of Taxidermy
- Restaurant Rats
- Coolest King Photos, Ever
Tag Archives: South Korea
Who is Totoman? Nobody knows. But is this Totoboy? Totoman reeks of charm, and a deadly smile. Maybe this is Totoman! Totoman likes his grapes deseeded... ...and his ladies, too... He lives on old potted meat in stew. And could this be Totobabe? Mama says it's true. TOTOMAN!!! Totoman Korean Toy Museum and Store, 169-2 Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul , 02-725-1756 Admission ₩1,000 ...
Shoved in a back alley of Seoul's hip Hongdae neighborhood, sandwiched somewhere between "Luxury Ho" Bar and the "F**kFake" Designer Boutique for Men (asterisks not included in actual name), Hello Kitty lives on. Or her cappuccinos do, at least. That's right, even though Hong Kong's legendary Hello Kitty Cafe lost the fight against gentrification, the ...
Imagine a future where donuts come in horrid flavors: carrot, tofu, spinach. Now recognize that the future clearly lives in Korea. Now imagine how it could be worse... Yep. In Korea, they've introduced the Broccoli Donut. I tried to resist. This is a country of cakes, and bakeries, and wonderful mad original tasty treats. But ...
The Ladies of Cosplay -- cute, obsessive, meticulous -- were a sight to behold. But the boys? Well, there were a few pretty awesome getups, like these.... And this chap was remarkable: But for the most part, it was "slap-a-cardboard-box-on-my-head" and "bunny-ears" affair. Sorry lads -- the lovely ladies of Korean cosplay took the prize this ...
A little canine with your coffee? Feline with your free time? Find it here at the Dog and Cat Cafes of South Korea’s capital! If you’re feeling that mid-afternoon slump, there are several branches of pet cafes scattered throughout the city where you can un-dull those 4pm doldrums and set your dander allergies on fire. Buy ...
A couple of days ago, I posted my favorite pictures of cute Korean cosplay girls -- but that's the light-hearted side of Korean cosplay. Flip the switch -- today it's time for the dark half. That's right: Korean Nazis! Now many of you are probably horrified. It's still too recent. But the Koreans love ...
While sex workers were planning to set themselves on fire across town (thanks, Comrade Joe), M and I were deep in Comic World at Seoul's SETEC Convention Center. Each and every one of these girls -- dressed like their favorite comic book characters and anime heroes -- was perfect. Ask them to pose for a photo, ...
Wandering the streets of Seoul's hipster haven, Hongdae, you'll find a treasure trove of awesomeness. But one of the first things to strike you on emerging from the Sangsu subway is this Super-collection of feisty videogame plumbers. They're all here: Mario, Luigi, power-ups and bosses, too, painted on every telephone pole for blocks. ...