Also from Andy Deemer…
The Stormglass Novel
Stormglass for the iPad
"A truly immersive experience, The Stormglass Protocol is a room escape puzzle game like no other. ★★★★½" - 148Apps.com
"Rich graphics, an immersive storyline, and puzzles that will have you turned upside down." - iDownloadBlog.com
"The Stormglass Protocol... pulls the genre out of its stationary roots." - JayIsGames.com
"Perfect" - The NY Times
"Terrific" - Entertainment Weekly
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke's DVD Collection in Colombo
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- The Poem I Can't Find…
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- A Lovely Writeup of My Fowl Documentary
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Beijing's Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Ready to Rumble
- A Tiny Roadside Village, Made From Quartz
- The Cockiest Shrine in Bangkok
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- India's Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- A Noble Slave and an Imperial Cannibal
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- Goodbye Telegram / Hello Telegram
- Rediscovering Beijing: The Ancient Observatory
- Beijing's Single Most Horrific Meal
- Possibly the Best Menu of All Time
- China's all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Nazi Fashion in China
- A Huge New Horde of Hand-drawn Indian Movie Posters
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- A Museum of Nightmares in the Shadow of the Eiffel Tower
- Be an Old Man, Have a Young Wife, in Laos
- Great Art Tributes from The Stormglass Protocol
Tag Archives: South Korea
Who is Totoman? Nobody knows. But is this Totoboy? Totoman reeks of charm, and a deadly smile. Maybe this is Totoman! Totoman likes his grapes deseeded... ...and his ladies, too... He lives on old potted meat in stew. And could this be Totobabe? Mama says it's true. TOTOMAN!!! Totoman Korean Toy Museum and Store, 169-2 Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul , 02-725-1756 Admission ₩1,000 ...
Shoved in a back alley of Seoul's hip Hongdae neighborhood, sandwiched somewhere between "Luxury Ho" Bar and the "F**kFake" Designer Boutique for Men (asterisks not included in actual name), Hello Kitty lives on. Or her cappuccinos do, at least. That's right, even though Hong Kong's legendary Hello Kitty Cafe lost the fight against gentrification, the ...
Imagine a future where donuts come in horrid flavors: carrot, tofu, spinach. Now recognize that the future clearly lives in Korea. Now imagine how it could be worse... Yep. In Korea, they've introduced the Broccoli Donut. I tried to resist. This is a country of cakes, and bakeries, and wonderful mad original tasty treats. But ...
The Ladies of Cosplay -- cute, obsessive, meticulous -- were a sight to behold. But the boys? Well, there were a few pretty awesome getups, like these.... And this chap was remarkable: But for the most part, it was "slap-a-cardboard-box-on-my-head" and "bunny-ears" affair. Sorry lads -- the lovely ladies of Korean cosplay took the prize this ...
A little canine with your coffee? Feline with your free time? Find it here at the Dog and Cat Cafes of South Korea’s capital! If you’re feeling that mid-afternoon slump, there are several branches of pet cafes scattered throughout the city where you can un-dull those 4pm doldrums and set your dander allergies on fire. Buy ...
A couple of days ago, I posted my favorite pictures of cute Korean cosplay girls -- but that's the light-hearted side of Korean cosplay. Flip the switch -- today it's time for the dark half. That's right: Korean Nazis! Now many of you are probably horrified. It's still too recent. But the Koreans love ...
While sex workers were planning to set themselves on fire across town (thanks, Comrade Joe), M and I were deep in Comic World at Seoul's SETEC Convention Center. Each and every one of these girls -- dressed like their favorite comic book characters and anime heroes -- was perfect. Ask them to pose for a photo, ...
Wandering the streets of Seoul's hipster haven, Hongdae, you'll find a treasure trove of awesomeness. But one of the first things to strike you on emerging from the Sangsu subway is this Super-collection of feisty videogame plumbers. They're all here: Mario, Luigi, power-ups and bosses, too, painted on every telephone pole for blocks. ...