- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Sell Dried Sea Horses
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Hindus Are Buried…?!
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Still Sell Ants
- Murder, Incest, and Fratricide led to The Taj Mahal?
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke’s DVD Collection in Colombo
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- Why Chinese Drugstores Sell Deer Embryo and Penis
- This Strange Collector Has 1,000 Pairs of Shoes (and a Fetish for Foot Binding)
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
Also from Andy Deemer…
Tag Archives: South Korea
Who is Totoman? Nobody knows. But is this Totoboy? Totoman reeks of charm, and a deadly smile. Maybe this is Totoman! Totoman likes his grapes deseeded... ...and his ladies, too... He lives on old potted meat in stew. And could this be Totobabe? Mama says it's true. TOTOMAN!!! Totoman Korean Toy Museum and Store, 169-2 Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul , 02-725-1756 Admission ₩1,000 ...
Shoved in a back alley of Seoul's hip Hongdae neighborhood, sandwiched somewhere between "Luxury Ho" Bar and the "F**kFake" Designer Boutique for Men (asterisks not included in actual name), Hello Kitty lives on. Or her cappuccinos do, at least. That's right, even though Hong Kong's legendary Hello Kitty Cafe lost the fight against gentrification, the ...
Imagine a future where donuts come in horrid flavors: carrot, tofu, spinach. Now recognize that the future clearly lives in Korea. Now imagine how it could be worse... Yep. In Korea, they've introduced the Broccoli Donut. I tried to resist. This is a country of cakes, and bakeries, and wonderful mad original tasty treats. But ...
The Ladies of Cosplay -- cute, obsessive, meticulous -- were a sight to behold. But the boys? Well, there were a few pretty awesome getups, like these.... And this chap was remarkable: But for the most part, it was "slap-a-cardboard-box-on-my-head" and "bunny-ears" affair. Sorry lads -- the lovely ladies of Korean cosplay took the prize this ...
A little canine with your coffee? Feline with your free time? Find it here at the Dog and Cat Cafes of South Korea’s capital! If you’re feeling that mid-afternoon slump, there are several branches of pet cafes scattered throughout the city where you can un-dull those 4pm doldrums and set your dander allergies on fire. Buy ...
A couple of days ago, I posted my favorite pictures of cute Korean cosplay girls -- but that's the light-hearted side of Korean cosplay. Flip the switch -- today it's time for the dark half. That's right: Korean Nazis! Now many of you are probably horrified. It's still too recent. But the Koreans love ...
While sex workers were planning to set themselves on fire across town (thanks, Comrade Joe), M and I were deep in Comic World at Seoul's SETEC Convention Center. Each and every one of these girls -- dressed like their favorite comic book characters and anime heroes -- was perfect. Ask them to pose for a photo, ...
Wandering the streets of Seoul's hipster haven, Hongdae, you'll find a treasure trove of awesomeness. But one of the first things to strike you on emerging from the Sangsu subway is this Super-collection of feisty videogame plumbers. They're all here: Mario, Luigi, power-ups and bosses, too, painted on every telephone pole for blocks. ...