- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- Nazi Fashion in China
- India’s Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- What the Fortune Teller Told Me (Hong Kong)
- The Poem I Can’t Find…
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- Small Children Feeding Live Animals to Tigers in a Chinese Zoo
- Beijing’s Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- Our Six Best China Stories!
- American Imperialist Bastards in a North Korean Comic Book
- A Postcard from Erenhot
- Chisney & Koreansney: Local Disney Knockoffs
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- Dr Shankar’s Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- Porn, Rats, and Antique Projectors at Sri Lanka’s Classic Cinemas
- Relive the Cultural Revolution (aka The Weirdest Dinner Theater in Beijing)
- The Disastrous Fall of Sanmao
- One Ghostly Cambodian Ruin
- Medicinal Sea Horse Soup
- 15 More Pictures from weirdoid Tiger Balm Park
- Awesomely Steampunk Portable Corn Roaster
- China’s first sci-fi movie: Death Ray on Coral Island (1980)
- North Korea frightening customs declarations form
- Sweet gruesome statue asking for donations
- On Horse Meat Sashimi
- Pyongyang Too: A Tribute to Guy Delisle
- The Taj Mahal… Murder, Incest, and Fratricide
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- The Great Chinese Chip Taste-Off
- A Huge Pile of Gorgeous Old Thai Movie Posters
- Noel Wilson’s Awesome Soccer-Themed House
Tag Archives: Singapore
AsiaObscura friend Dawn Xiana Moon (dawnxianamoon.com) sent over a pile more pix from the absolutely incredible statues and terrifying dioramas at Tiger Balm Park aka Har Paw Villa. See our original story here, or click on her pix below for full-sized versions....
Singapore is bland. It's a high-priced row of shopping malls and fine eateries, with a few hawker markets thrown in. "It's soooooo boring," warned my hairdresser Miss P. But then you stumble on something like this. The Tiger Balm Gardens: The most disturbing theme park of all time. There's sex, violence, bear-maulings and scabies. ...
(Optimistically cute sign spotted at the Tiger Balm Gardens, a few months ago... the kids loved it!)Updates will be light this week, as Michelle and I are out on the road, exploring more wild China...