Also from Andy Deemer…
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- India's Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke's DVD Collection in Colombo
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain't So Lucky Fish)
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- Beijing's Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Beijing's Single Most Horrific Meal
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- Film 101, with Guest Professor Kim Jong Il
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- The Cockiest Shrine in Bangkok
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- Nazi Fashion in China
- Best Pix from Bangalore's First Ever ComicCon
- The Romance Park of the Heart – an abandoned Beijing theme park
- Hello Kitty & Cuppuccino!
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- China's all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- A Huge New Horde of Hand-drawn Indian Movie Posters
- Dr Shankar's Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- A Tiny Roadside Village, Made From Quartz
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
Tag Archives: Singapore
AsiaObscura friend Dawn Xiana Moon (dawnxianamoon.com) sent over a pile more pix from the absolutely incredible statues and terrifying dioramas at Tiger Balm Park aka Har Paw Villa. See our original story here, or click on her pix below for full-sized versions....
Singapore is bland. It's a high-priced row of shopping malls and fine eateries, with a few hawker markets thrown in. "It's soooooo boring," warned my hairdresser Miss P. But then you stumble on something like this. The Tiger Balm Gardens: The most disturbing theme park of all time. There's sex, violence, bear-maulings and scabies. ...
(Optimistically cute sign spotted at the Tiger Balm Gardens, a few months ago... the kids loved it!)Updates will be light this week, as Michelle and I are out on the road, exploring more wild China...
What passes for English cuisine in Singapore mall culture. (Found, but not sampled, in the basement of Plaza Singapura Mall.)