- Kim Jong Il’s Remarkable Series of Books About Film
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Sell Dried Sea Horses
- Why Chinese Drugstores Sell Deer Embryo and Penis
- Handmade Indian Movie Posters for Unlikely Hollywood Movies
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain’t So Lucky Fish)
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Murder, Incest, and Fratricide led to The Taj Mahal?
- This Strange Collector Has 1,000 Pairs of Shoes (and a Fetish for Foot Binding)
- The Illegal Mae Sot-Burma Border Crossing
- This Chinese Temple is Filled with the Insanely Disturbing Sculptures
- Why Chinese People Eat Fried Worms
- 19 Incredible Taoist Gods at Beijing’s Dongyue Temple
- The Cutest Slippers of All Time
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- Outsider Art Kangaroos at the Beijing Zoo
- Lady Di Used to Sell Gynecology Textbooks in Burma
- Keep the Evil Away For Chinese New Year
- Forensic Science Museum, Bangkok
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
Also from Andy Deemer…
Tag Archives: Siem Reap
A few months ago, we ran a rather scandalous report on the insane ting mong scarecrows we'd spotted in the jungles of Cambodia. They were terrifying, but we knew almost nothing about them. Our driver was vague, the hotel receptionist insisted she'd never seen them before. So we slapped up the photos, ...
It's so easy to be seduced by the beauty and simple peace of Cambodia... Oh, the temples, the jungles, the country roads. Although behind such breathtaking beauty sometimes there hides a wretched darkness. "Wha? What was that?" The first one we passed, we thought it was a man hiding in a bush. Waving a ...