Also from Andy Deemer…
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain't So Lucky Fish)
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke's DVD Collection in Colombo
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- India's Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Film 101, with Guest Professor Kim Jong Il
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Beijing's Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- The Romance Park of the Heart – an abandoned Beijing theme park
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- The Taj Mahal… Murder, Incest, and Fratricide
- Beijing's Single Most Horrific Meal
- The Cockiest Shrine in Bangkok
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- Why Chinese People Eat Fried Worms
- Best Pix from Bangalore's First Ever ComicCon
- Hello Kitty & Cuppuccino!
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- Dr Shankar's Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Nazi Fashion in China
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- A Tiny Roadside Village, Made From Quartz
- Goodbye Telegram / Hello Telegram
Tag Archives: Siem Reap
A few months ago, we ran a rather scandalous report on the insane ting mong scarecrows we'd spotted in the jungles of Cambodia. They were terrifying, but we knew almost nothing about them. Our driver was vague, the hotel receptionist insisted she'd never seen them before. So we slapped up the photos, ...
It's so easy to be seduced by the beauty and simple peace of Cambodia... Oh, the temples, the jungles, the country roads. Although behind such breathtaking beauty sometimes there hides a wretched darkness. "Wha? What was that?" The first one we passed, we thought it was a man hiding in a bush. Waving a ...