- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Nazi Fashion in China
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- India’s Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Small Children Feeding Live Animals to Tigers in a Chinese Zoo
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- What the Fortune Teller Told Me (Hong Kong)
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Chisney & Koreansney: Local Disney Knockoffs
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- One Ghostly Cambodian Ruin
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- Dr Shankar’s Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- A Huge Pile of Gorgeous Old Thai Movie Posters
- Beijing’s Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- The Poem I Can’t Find…
- Our Six Best China Stories!
- Heavy Petting in Seoul
- Sweet gruesome statue asking for donations
- American Imperialist Bastards in a North Korean Comic Book
- Porn, Rats, and Antique Projectors at Sri Lanka’s Classic Cinemas
- Best Pix from Bangalore’s First Ever ComicCon
- The Disastrous Fall of Sanmao
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- North Korea frightening customs declarations form
- Relive the Cultural Revolution (aka The Weirdest Dinner Theater in Beijing)
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- 13 Amazing Indian Circus Posters
- The Bold Boys of Korean Cosplay
- Return to Fake Disneyland? Sweeeeeet!
- China’s first sci-fi movie: Death Ray on Coral Island (1980)
- The Great Chinese Chip Taste-Off
- The Incredible Furniture of North Korea
- On Horse Meat Sashimi
- A Postcard from Erenhot
Tag Archives: sick
That's twice I've seen guys on my street wearing the Nazi iron cross. The first was an office worker on lunch break. He was dressed in a handsome suit, but in place of a tie wore a heavy Nazi cross. He saw me staring, and he smiled. I think he thought it looked dapper. ...
Cute baby bunnies, frolicking in a field. Identical twin monkeys, playing hide and seek. A sweet baby panda, serving soup to his sickly mother. This is how the 1986 mainland cartoon for kids, Inspector Black Cat (黑猫警长), always starts. But then... well, let's just say it's Tarantino time. Plenty of cartoons are violent, but in Inspector ...
How could you pass this by? That's advertising, all right! Unlike I Dismember Mama, that old grindhouse yawner, this Guangzhou 海鲜 palace was as gory as promised. I only wish they'd handed out barf bags like the movie theaters did. This time, they would have actually been useful! Like any number of ...
A few weeks ago, I posted about the Incredible Taoist Gods -- cool court officers tasked with enforcing rules of life and the afterlife. Well, to further display how far traditional Taoism strays from the mystical romance of the Tao Te Ching, here are some of the darker views of the Taoist "Way." I found ...