- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Sell Dried Sea Horses
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Murder, Incest, and Fratricide led to The Taj Mahal?
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke’s DVD Collection in Colombo
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Still Sell Ants
- Hindus Are Buried…?!
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- This Strange Collector Has 1,000 Pairs of Shoes (and a Fetish for Foot Binding)
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- Why Chinese Drugstores Sell Deer Embryo and Penis
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- India’s Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
Also from Andy Deemer…
Tag Archives: Shravanabelagola
This weekend we trekked down to Shravanabelagola, to see the 57'-tall statue of a naked god, apparently carved from a single piece of rock. It was big. It was holy. It was awesome. But at the same time, something about it looked so very familiar...
Shravanabelagola, India We were in this tiny village to see a 57-foot naked man, towering over everything, but he wasn't the only thing to catch my eye. Wheat-pasted to every surface -- crumbling walls and old wooden shop doors -- amazing Jumbo Circus posters! Now I'm not a huge circus fan. It's not that I have moral ...