- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Sell Dried Sea Horses
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Hindus Are Buried…?!
- Murder, Incest, and Fratricide led to The Taj Mahal?
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- This Strange Collector Has 1,000 Pairs of Shoes (and a Fetish for Foot Binding)
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Why Chinese Drugstores Sell Deer Embryo and Penis
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Still Sell Ants
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke’s DVD Collection in Colombo
Also from Andy Deemer…
Tag Archives: Shravanabelagola
This weekend we trekked down to Shravanabelagola, to see the 57'-tall statue of a naked god, apparently carved from a single piece of rock. It was big. It was holy. It was awesome. But at the same time, something about it looked so very familiar...
Shravanabelagola, India We were in this tiny village to see a 57-foot naked man, towering over everything, but he wasn't the only thing to catch my eye. Wheat-pasted to every surface -- crumbling walls and old wooden shop doors -- amazing Jumbo Circus posters! Now I'm not a huge circus fan. It's not that I have moral ...