- Why Chinese Pharmacies Sell Dried Sea Horses
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Hindus Are Buried…?!
- Murder, Incest, and Fratricide led to The Taj Mahal?
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- Why Chinese Drugstores Sell Deer Embryo and Penis
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Still Sell Ants
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- India’s Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- A Huge Pile of Gorgeous Old Thai Movie Posters
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
Also from Andy Deemer…
Tag Archives: Shravanabelagola
This weekend we trekked down to Shravanabelagola, to see the 57'-tall statue of a naked god, apparently carved from a single piece of rock. It was big. It was holy. It was awesome. But at the same time, something about it looked so very familiar...
Shravanabelagola, India We were in this tiny village to see a 57-foot naked man, towering over everything, but he wasn't the only thing to catch my eye. Wheat-pasted to every surface -- crumbling walls and old wooden shop doors -- amazing Jumbo Circus posters! Now I'm not a huge circus fan. It's not that I have moral ...