- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- India’s Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Nazi Fashion in China
- What the Fortune Teller Told Me (Hong Kong)
- One Ghostly Cambodian Ruin
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- Those Creepy Japanese Videos, Finally Explained
- A Huge Pile of Gorgeous Old Thai Movie Posters
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Philadelphia CheeseSteak Ice Cream
- The Best Place to Eat and Poop, Together!
- A Huge New Horde of Hand-drawn Indian Movie Posters
- Pyongyang Too: A Tribute to Guy Delisle
- Awesomely Steampunk Portable Corn Roaster
- Red Onion-Flavored Red Wine
- The New iOS Game From the Creators of AsiaObscura
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- Gorgeously Gory Paintings in a Burmese Temple
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- American Imperialist Bastards in a North Korean Comic Book
- The Taj Mahal… Murder, Incest, and Fratricide
- Sweet gruesome statue asking for donations
- Beijing’s Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- A Postcard from Erenhot
- On Horse Meat Sashimi
- Why Chinese People Eat Fried Worms
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- Small Children Feeding Live Animals to Tigers in a Chinese Zoo
- Another Diana Pose at the Taj Mahal
- Antilia: The Most Gratuitous House in Mumbai
- Porn, Rats, and Antique Projectors at Sri Lanka’s Classic Cinemas
- The Eko Nugroho Flower Suit Lives On
- Mad Costumes Across Asia
Tag Archives: sex
The first time I ever met The Professor, he told me about the eunuch museum. He didn't say much. Just that there was one. In West Beijing. "You really should go," he said. "It's... well, it's interesting." He adjusted his glasses the way a professor should, but he wouldn't say more. ...
You've seen those sexy collectable figurines around Asia, right? You know the ones... in Singapore malls, Beijing shopping centers, all over Japan? Nervous kids and creepy adults browsing the aisles... subtly saucy... Creepily paedo... GABOOMBAH with sweet pink hair and sword. Who buys these things? Who actually sets one of these ladies on their shelf, ...
Two small dogs are attacking a homeless man, while I'm nursing my lingering fever with sidewalk kebabs and a bottle of Yanjing beer. One of them bites at his ankle, and he hobbles away, cursing while diners beside me laugh, and the wind picks up again. I shield my face from the sand. This ...
Yang Shaorong lives in a small Shanghai apartment. He collects women's shoes. Tiny shoes. Shoes for bound feet. "That's horrible," said the publisher of my magazine, when I mentioned Yang the collector to him. "It's a disturbing part of Chinese history." I was confused. I didn't really know much about them, or why he was so upset. ...
If you've been wondering about the creepy Japanese videos I've been posting -- videos of girls staring blankly at the camera for a minute, then uttering a single short phrase -- I'm finally ready to offer an explanation. They're called "ミテルだけ" (pronounced "miteru dake") which means "Just Looking" or "Only Looking." I first heard about ...
Jiao Zhibing is 70 years old. He's spent his entire life in a tiny village called Jiaozhuanghu (焦庄户). As a child, he handled missives and reconnaissance for liberation fighters. Today though, carrying wood-carved grenades and a red-tasseled spear everywhere he goes, he's a living tourist attraction. Between 1943 and 1948, China was in ...
Every time I pass by one of those classic Chinese pharmacies, I can't help but stop and wonder... why on earth would someone eat this madness? A few months ago, I decided to find out. This is part three in the "Strange TCM" series, which I started with "eating snake for healthier skin" and "eating ...
Chiang Mai's an interesting town: a lot like Bangkok, but on a much smaller scale. Hundreds of coffee shops. Great boutiques. And old white men with young Thai girls. Absolutely everywhere. Old hippies with Thai women in their 40s, and adorable little hapa kids. Bald and bearded bikers with chubby teenagers. Backpackers with stunning beauties. ...