- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- India’s Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Nazi Fashion in China
- What the Fortune Teller Told Me (Hong Kong)
- One Ghostly Cambodian Ruin
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- Those Creepy Japanese Videos, Finally Explained
- A Huge Pile of Gorgeous Old Thai Movie Posters
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Philadelphia CheeseSteak Ice Cream
- The Best Place to Eat and Poop, Together!
- A Huge New Horde of Hand-drawn Indian Movie Posters
- Pyongyang Too: A Tribute to Guy Delisle
- Awesomely Steampunk Portable Corn Roaster
- Red Onion-Flavored Red Wine
- The New iOS Game From the Creators of AsiaObscura
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- Gorgeously Gory Paintings in a Burmese Temple
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- American Imperialist Bastards in a North Korean Comic Book
- The Taj Mahal… Murder, Incest, and Fratricide
- Sweet gruesome statue asking for donations
- Beijing’s Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- A Postcard from Erenhot
- On Horse Meat Sashimi
- Why Chinese People Eat Fried Worms
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- Small Children Feeding Live Animals to Tigers in a Chinese Zoo
- Another Diana Pose at the Taj Mahal
- Antilia: The Most Gratuitous House in Mumbai
- Porn, Rats, and Antique Projectors at Sri Lanka’s Classic Cinemas
- The Eko Nugroho Flower Suit Lives On
- Mad Costumes Across Asia
Tag Archives: Seoul
I love obsessions, and Myong-Hee Bae is obsessed. She's a freak for owls. Her home is crammed full of 3,000 owl-y items. Clocks, quilts, paintings, stamps, cut-outs hanging from the ceiling, mugs filled with steaming hot tea, candles, toys, and rugs. It was weird. And absolutely wonderful. "Her love of owl started when ...
1. Unexpected Unused Gazebos 2. Miniature Misplaced Gardens 3. Quite Strange Schedule Posters 4. Caves. Deep Wonderful Caves. 5. And then, most of all, this. Oh, sweet sweet Seoul...
Who is Totoman? Nobody knows. But is this Totoboy? Totoman reeks of charm, and a deadly smile. Maybe this is Totoman! Totoman likes his grapes deseeded... ...and his ladies, too... He lives on old potted meat in stew. And could this be Totobabe? Mama says it's true. TOTOMAN!!! Totoman Korean Toy Museum and Store, 169-2 Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul , 02-725-1756 Admission ₩1,000 ...
Shoved in a back alley of Seoul's hip Hongdae neighborhood, sandwiched somewhere between "Luxury Ho" Bar and the "F**kFake" Designer Boutique for Men (asterisks not included in actual name), Hello Kitty lives on. Or her cappuccinos do, at least. That's right, even though Hong Kong's legendary Hello Kitty Cafe lost the fight against gentrification, the ...
Imagine a future where donuts come in horrid flavors: carrot, tofu, spinach. Now recognize that the future clearly lives in Korea. Now imagine how it could be worse... Yep. In Korea, they've introduced the Broccoli Donut. I tried to resist. This is a country of cakes, and bakeries, and wonderful mad original tasty treats. But ...
The Ladies of Cosplay -- cute, obsessive, meticulous -- were a sight to behold. But the boys? Well, there were a few pretty awesome getups, like these.... And this chap was remarkable: But for the most part, it was "slap-a-cardboard-box-on-my-head" and "bunny-ears" affair. Sorry lads -- the lovely ladies of Korean cosplay took the prize this ...
A little canine with your coffee? Feline with your free time? Find it here at the Dog and Cat Cafes of South Korea’s capital! If you’re feeling that mid-afternoon slump, there are several branches of pet cafes scattered throughout the city where you can un-dull those 4pm doldrums and set your dander allergies on fire. Buy ...
A couple of days ago, I posted my favorite pictures of cute Korean cosplay girls -- but that's the light-hearted side of Korean cosplay. Flip the switch -- today it's time for the dark half. That's right: Korean Nazis! Now many of you are probably horrified. It's still too recent. But the Koreans love ...
While sex workers were planning to set themselves on fire across town (thanks, Comrade Joe), M and I were deep in Comic World at Seoul's SETEC Convention Center. Each and every one of these girls -- dressed like their favorite comic book characters and anime heroes -- was perfect. Ask them to pose for a photo, ...
Wandering the streets of Seoul's hipster haven, Hongdae, you'll find a treasure trove of awesomeness. But one of the first things to strike you on emerging from the Sangsu subway is this Super-collection of feisty videogame plumbers. They're all here: Mario, Luigi, power-ups and bosses, too, painted on every telephone pole for blocks. ...