Also from Andy Deemer…
The AsiaObscura Book
The Stormglass Protocol
"Like a Bond adventure for kids... Undeniably entertaining." - Kirkus
"A brilliant twist on the classic theme... captivating." - ForeWord Clarion
"Action-packed and fast-paced... barrels along with a cheerful intensity and no shortage of middle-grade Bond-style adventure." - Publishers Weekly
Stormglass for the iPad
"Truly immersive. ★★★★½" - 148Apps.com
"Rich graphics, an immersive storyline, and puzzles that will have you turned upside down." - iDownloadBlog.com
"Pulls the genre out of its stationary roots." - JayIsGames.com
"Perfect" - The NY Times
"Terrific" - Entertainment Weekly
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- India's Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- The Cockiest Shrine in Bangkok
- Beijing's Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke's DVD Collection in Colombo
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- The Poem I Can't Find…
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Outsider Art Kangaroos at the Beijing Zoo
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain't So Lucky Fish)
- A Lovely Writeup of My Fowl Documentary
- Tongzhou's "Kids with Measles" Ride
- The Cutest Slippers of All Time
- Ready to Rumble
- Modern Day Cavemen of Shanxi
- No Panking!
- The Romance Park of the Heart – an abandoned Beijing theme park
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- Nazi Fashion in China
- Awesomely Steampunk Portable Corn Roaster
- Chasing the Shaman in Mongolia
- Hello Kitty & Cuppuccino!
- A Tiny Roadside Village, Made From Quartz
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- A Museum of Nightmares in the Shadow of the Eiffel Tower
Tag Archives: scary
A few months ago, we ran a rather scandalous report on the insane ting mong scarecrows we'd spotted in the jungles of Cambodia. They were terrifying, but we knew almost nothing about them. Our driver was vague, the hotel receptionist insisted she'd never seen them before. So we slapped up the photos, ...
It used to be a retreat. 90 years ago, the French spent 9 months building Bokor Hill Station up as the ultimate getaway: escape from the miserable heat and humidity of Phnom Penh. 900 laborers died while building it, but to the French all these ghosts were worth it. There was a ...
(Optimistically cute sign spotted at the Tiger Balm Gardens, a few months ago... the kids loved it!)Updates will be light this week, as Michelle and I are out on the road, exploring more wild China...