Buy Indian Posters
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Sell Dried Sea Horses
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- A Noble Slave and an Imperial Cannibal
- Celebrating Easter in China…
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Murder, Incest, and Fratricide led to The Taj Mahal?
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke’s DVD Collection in Colombo
- Hindus Are Buried…?!
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Still Sell Ants
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- Nazi Fashion in China
- Why Chinese Drugstores Sell Deer Embryo and Penis
Also from Andy Deemer…
Tag Archives: movies
This Wednesday thru Friday, if you're in Beijing, you shouldn't miss the best of the "model operas," The Red Detachment of Women (红色娘子军). Playing for three nights only at Poly Plaza. It's called a model opera, but it's actually a ballet. The eight model operas were, during the height of the cultural ...
In the last few weeks, we've brought you 1950s girl basketball melodramas, 1940s street urchin black comedies, and saucy 1920s road worker flicks. This week, though, we've got something entirely different: a fantastic pre-liberation pre-code comedy!"SCENES OF CITY LIFE" (都市风光)FREE! This Tuesday, Jan 25th at 7pm7 Dongmianhua Hutong, Beijing江湖酒吧, 北京交道口南大街东棉花胡同7号6401-4611 / ...
This Tuesday night is gonna be an exciting one at Jianghu -- join us (The World of Chinese, that is!) as we welcome freezing January with Woman Basketball Player No. 5 (女篮五号), a fantastically warming 1957 sports adventure, directed by the legendary Xie Jin. It's got girls, rivalry, action, basketball, crushes, and even accordion singalongs. ...
Chinese movie night at Jianghu Jiuba continues this week with last year's incredible Cow (斗牛, Dou Niu), an hilarious black comedy set in the mountains of Shandong. It's the simple and possibly true story of a poor peasant boy, a snarky dead girl, and a monstrously large overseas cow. "Brilliant!... A tour-de-force..." VarietyWinner, Best Actor ...
Two weeks ago, we showed "The Winter of Sanmao" to a packed house at Jianghu Jiuba. It was incredible. I got a little tipsy, and CCTV published three hard-hitting stories. ("Laughter was waged," they wrote. "Outside, wind just started to moan. Inside, it was common to hear people laughing!" Oh, and my introduction to the ...