- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- Nazi Fashion in China
- India’s Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- What the Fortune Teller Told Me (Hong Kong)
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- The Poem I Can’t Find…
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- Small Children Feeding Live Animals to Tigers in a Chinese Zoo
- Beijing’s Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- Our Six Best China Stories!
- American Imperialist Bastards in a North Korean Comic Book
- A Postcard from Erenhot
- Chisney & Koreansney: Local Disney Knockoffs
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- Dr Shankar’s Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- Porn, Rats, and Antique Projectors at Sri Lanka’s Classic Cinemas
- Relive the Cultural Revolution (aka The Weirdest Dinner Theater in Beijing)
- The Disastrous Fall of Sanmao
- One Ghostly Cambodian Ruin
- Medicinal Sea Horse Soup
- 15 More Pictures from weirdoid Tiger Balm Park
- Awesomely Steampunk Portable Corn Roaster
- China’s first sci-fi movie: Death Ray on Coral Island (1980)
- North Korea frightening customs declarations form
- Sweet gruesome statue asking for donations
- On Horse Meat Sashimi
- Pyongyang Too: A Tribute to Guy Delisle
- The Taj Mahal… Murder, Incest, and Fratricide
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- The Great Chinese Chip Taste-Off
- A Huge Pile of Gorgeous Old Thai Movie Posters
- Noel Wilson’s Awesome Soccer-Themed House
Tag Archives: Mongolia
Two small dogs are attacking a homeless man, while I'm nursing my lingering fever with sidewalk kebabs and a bottle of Yanjing beer. One of them bites at his ankle, and he hobbles away, cursing while diners beside me laugh, and the wind picks up again. I shield my face from the sand. This ...
I can't imagine a stranger way to advertise a hot dog, really. As seen in Ulan Bator, the Mongolian capital.
"I don't think you can see the Shamen," the fixer murmured. He watched his cup, the table, a fly, anything that wasn't our eyes. "They are far from here. In the mountains. It would take a long time to see them." He traced a line along a creased map of ...
To get from Beijing to Mongolia, you have a few choices. A flight takes just over an hour. The Trans-Siberian Express, meanwhile, offers a rugged thirty-hour ride through cities, towns, barren landscapes, desert, and finally the capital of Chingghis Khan.It's a famously hard ride. I pictured drunk Russians and fiery Mongols and live chickens and ...
Wolves had come down from the hills, and torn apart a horse. The villagers were building new sheds, to keep the young lambs and goats in, and bringing in all the animals. It was a moment.
I don't really know who this guy is, but I found him in a restaurant in the rural one-pony town of Lun.