- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- India’s Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- What the Fortune Teller Told Me (Hong Kong)
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Nazi Fashion in China
- One Ghostly Cambodian Ruin
- A Huge Pile of Gorgeous Old Thai Movie Posters
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- Those Creepy Japanese Videos, Finally Explained
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- The Eko Nugroho Flower Suit Lives On
- American Imperialist Bastards in a North Korean Comic Book
- Philadelphia CheeseSteak Ice Cream
- Eko Nugroho, We Love You. So we made a costume to prove it.
- A Huge New Horde of Hand-drawn Indian Movie Posters
- Pyongyang Too: A Tribute to Guy Delisle
- Awesomely Steampunk Portable Corn Roaster
- The Best Place to Eat and Poop, Together!
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- Red Onion-Flavored Red Wine
- The New iOS Game From the Creators of AsiaObscura
- Small Children Feeding Live Animals to Tigers in a Chinese Zoo
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- Great New Indian Sidewalk Movie Posters
- Gorgeously Gory Paintings in a Burmese Temple
- Sweet gruesome statue asking for donations
- Beijing’s Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- A Postcard from Erenhot
- Antilia: The Most Gratuitous House in Mumbai
- The Taj Mahal… Murder, Incest, and Fratricide
- Plants vs Zombies, The Chinese Knockoff Toys
- Why Chinese People Eat Fried Worms
- On Horse Meat Sashimi
Tag Archives: kids
I can't imagine a stranger way to advertise a hot dog, really. As seen in Ulan Bator, the Mongolian capital.
Cute baby bunnies, frolicking in a field. Identical twin monkeys, playing hide and seek. A sweet baby panda, serving soup to his sickly mother. This is how the 1986 mainland cartoon for kids, Inspector Black Cat (黑猫警长), always starts. But then... well, let's just say it's Tarantino time. Plenty of cartoons are violent, but in Inspector ...
Over at Beijing Kids, Mike Wester just posted photos of the great (and whoa-disturbing) murals from the Beijing Fundazzle play center. "Fundazzle, the indoor play warehouse," he writes, "has undergone a bit of a facelift, with a new coat of paint, new carpets and a general sprucing up for 2011." So was it John Wayne ...