Also from Andy Deemer…
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain't So Lucky Fish)
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke's DVD Collection in Colombo
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- India's Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Film 101, with Guest Professor Kim Jong Il
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Beijing's Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- The Romance Park of the Heart – an abandoned Beijing theme park
- Beijing's Single Most Horrific Meal
- The Taj Mahal… Murder, Incest, and Fratricide
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- The Cockiest Shrine in Bangkok
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- Best Pix from Bangalore's First Ever ComicCon
- Hello Kitty & Cuppuccino!
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- Why Chinese People Eat Fried Worms
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Nazi Fashion in China
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- Dr Shankar's Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- A Tiny Roadside Village, Made From Quartz
- Goodbye Telegram / Hello Telegram
Tag Archives: Harbin
After the horrors of the tiger park, I neglected to mention the cute photo ops at the end of the tour. I mean, how awesome is this vertical line of tigerocity? After taking the picture, the employee wrenched the doped-out cub from our cuddle. He shoved it in a medium-sized tupperware storage container. He clipped on ...
In northern China there's a tiger park. Like so many things in China, it's nothing like you might expect. To start with, there's a menu at the gate. These aren't animals to take home and domesticate. They're fodder. Victims to be released on your tour. "Let's get a cow," I said. Michelle just ...