- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Sell Dried Sea Horses
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Murder, Incest, and Fratricide led to The Taj Mahal?
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Hindus Are Buried…?!
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- This Strange Collector Has 1,000 Pairs of Shoes (and a Fetish for Foot Binding)
- Why Chinese Drugstores Sell Deer Embryo and Penis
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Still Sell Ants
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke’s DVD Collection in Colombo
Also from Andy Deemer…
Tag Archives: Hakone
This was something I've never seen before. I found it in Hakone, a small mountain town. (Across the road from 7-11. Sliding slat door, with no windows.) Maybe the roll was called Namaji Rasu, and maybe it's called Shirasu. But either way, it was incredible, deliciously sweet, and so unbelievably weird. Tiny fishies, with big eyes, ...
After the insanity of Tokyo, I really needed a break. So, on the advice of a teenage stranger at a sushi bar, I bought a 3-day pass to Hakone. And what a break it is. A mountain town, there's almost nothing to do here. No madness, no crowds, and certainly no stress. Just groups of ...