Also from Andy Deemer…
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- India's Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke's DVD Collection in Colombo
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain't So Lucky Fish)
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- Beijing's Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Beijing's Single Most Horrific Meal
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- Film 101, with Guest Professor Kim Jong Il
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- The Cockiest Shrine in Bangkok
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- Nazi Fashion in China
- Best Pix from Bangalore's First Ever ComicCon
- The Romance Park of the Heart – an abandoned Beijing theme park
- Hello Kitty & Cuppuccino!
- China's all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- A Huge New Horde of Hand-drawn Indian Movie Posters
- Dr Shankar's Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- A Tiny Roadside Village, Made From Quartz
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
Tag Archives: funny
Happy 61st 62nd birthday, China! (And happy 39th birthday, me!) In honor of this grand celebration of the founding of the People's Republic of China, today we decided to sift through the AsiaObscura archives, and return to our wildest, most popular China stories of 2011! And so, in order of pageviews.... 6. The Sick Collector ...
While we were busy on our own adventures, Chinese tourists flocked to Beijing's glorious World Park of their own accord. Some of them with entire camera crews in tow. Wedding photos, engagement photos, bff shots, they were costumed, posed, and so immaculately arranged. Here's a couple of our favorites! Even those who didn't ...
Sci-fi books? China's got tons of those. But when it comes to sci-fi movies, China's really falling behind. One that really did impress me, though, was the very first to be produced in China: 1980's gorgeous, fun, and campy "Death Ray on Coral Island" (珊瑚岛上的死光). In "Death Ray," a good-hearted team of Chinese scientists, based in what ...