- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Sell Dried Sea Horses
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Murder, Incest, and Fratricide led to The Taj Mahal?
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Still Sell Ants
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke’s DVD Collection in Colombo
- Hindus Are Buried…?!
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Why Chinese Drugstores Sell Deer Embryo and Penis
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- This Strange Collector Has 1,000 Pairs of Shoes (and a Fetish for Foot Binding)
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
Also from Andy Deemer…
Tag Archives: funny
Happy 61st 62nd birthday, China! (And happy 39th birthday, me!) In honor of this grand celebration of the founding of the People's Republic of China, today we decided to sift through the AsiaObscura archives, and return to our wildest, most popular China stories of 2011! And so, in order of pageviews.... 6. The Sick Collector ...
While we were busy on our own adventures, Chinese tourists flocked to Beijing's glorious World Park of their own accord. Some of them with entire camera crews in tow. Wedding photos, engagement photos, bff shots, they were costumed, posed, and so immaculately arranged. Here's a couple of our favorites! Even those who didn't ...
Sci-fi books? China's got tons of those. But when it comes to sci-fi movies, China's really falling behind. One that really did impress me, though, was the very first to be produced in China: 1980's gorgeous, fun, and campy "Death Ray on Coral Island" (珊瑚岛上的死光). In "Death Ray," a good-hearted team of Chinese scientists, based in what ...