Also from Andy Deemer…
The AsiaObscura Book
"Dancing dwarfs, Nazi cosplay, and children feeding tigers... phenomenal!" - Complex.com
The Stormglass Protocol
"A Bond adventure for kids... Undeniably entertaining." - Kirkus
"A brilliant twist on the classic theme... captivating." - ForeWord Clarion
"Action-packed and fast-paced... barrels along with a cheerful intensity and no shortage of middle-grade Bond-style adventure." - Publishers Weekly
Stormglass for the iPad
"Truly immersive. ★★★★½" - 148Apps.com
"Rich graphics, an immersive storyline, and puzzles that will have you turned upside down." - iDownloadBlog.com
"Pulls the genre out of its stationary roots." - JayIsGames.com
"Perfect" - The NY Times
"Terrific" - Entertainment Weekly
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain't So Lucky Fish)
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Hello Kitty & Cuppuccino!
- The Romance Park of the Heart – an abandoned Beijing theme park
- Be an Old Man, Have a Young Wife, in Laos
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- Stepping on Human Skulls in Bangalore's Black Magic Graveyard
- No Panking!
- Dr Shankar's Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- A Museum of Nightmares in the Shadow of the Eiffel Tower
- Celebrating Easter in China…
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Wonderfully Crumbling Old Cardboard Castle
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- Fiendishly Fun Photo Ops at World Park
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Chinese Giant Salamander – a tasty treat!
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- The Ossuaries of Paris…
- Keep the Evil Away For Chinese New Year
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Lady Di's Forgotten Career?
- A Lovely Moment from Ghungroo
- M. Deyrolle's Lovely Collection of Taxidermy
- The Disastrous Fall of Sanmao
- Outsider Art Kangaroos at the Beijing Zoo
- This Has To Be The Worst Massage Of All Time
- One Ghostly Cambodian Ruin
- Coolest King Photos, Ever
- Siamese fighting fish
Tag Archives: funny
Happy 61st 62nd birthday, China! (And happy 39th birthday, me!) In honor of this grand celebration of the founding of the People's Republic of China, today we decided to sift through the AsiaObscura archives, and return to our wildest, most popular China stories of 2011! And so, in order of pageviews.... 6. The Sick Collector ...
While we were busy on our own adventures, Chinese tourists flocked to Beijing's glorious World Park of their own accord. Some of them with entire camera crews in tow. Wedding photos, engagement photos, bff shots, they were costumed, posed, and so immaculately arranged. Here's a couple of our favorites! Even those who didn't ...
Sci-fi books? China's got tons of those. But when it comes to sci-fi movies, China's really falling behind. One that really did impress me, though, was the very first to be produced in China: 1980's gorgeous, fun, and campy "Death Ray on Coral Island" (珊瑚岛上的死光). In "Death Ray," a good-hearted team of Chinese scientists, based in what ...