- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Nazi Fashion in China
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- India’s Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Small Children Feeding Live Animals to Tigers in a Chinese Zoo
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- What the Fortune Teller Told Me (Hong Kong)
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Chisney & Koreansney: Local Disney Knockoffs
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- One Ghostly Cambodian Ruin
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- Beijing’s Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Dr Shankar’s Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- A Huge Pile of Gorgeous Old Thai Movie Posters
- The Poem I Can’t Find…
- Our Six Best China Stories!
- Heavy Petting in Seoul
- Sweet gruesome statue asking for donations
- American Imperialist Bastards in a North Korean Comic Book
- Porn, Rats, and Antique Projectors at Sri Lanka’s Classic Cinemas
- Best Pix from Bangalore’s First Ever ComicCon
- The Disastrous Fall of Sanmao
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- North Korea frightening customs declarations form
- Relive the Cultural Revolution (aka The Weirdest Dinner Theater in Beijing)
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- 13 Amazing Indian Circus Posters
- The Bold Boys of Korean Cosplay
- Return to Fake Disneyland? Sweeeeeet!
- China’s first sci-fi movie: Death Ray on Coral Island (1980)
- The Great Chinese Chip Taste-Off
- The Incredible Furniture of North Korea
- On Horse Meat Sashimi
- A Postcard from Erenhot
Tag Archives: cute
The blog has been ill-attended these last few weeks, with the move to India. Several grand projects are already underway here, but we'll have to keep those hush-hush for the time being. But in the meantime, we did manage to escape the craziness of the city for Bangalore's First EVER Comic Con this ...
"You ever feel like you're stuck in a wind-up music box?" Michelle asked. The walls were pink. The waitresses were dressed as dolls. Piano keys tinkled softly. There were balloons and glitter and an off-season Christmas tree. We were trapped in a music box. That's how Hello Kitty wants you to feel. Welcome to Hello ...
Bangkok is awesome. Pad thai, ping pong balls, reclining buddhas. But nowhere is sweeter than this hidden corridor of Central World Mall, where crowds of high school kids practice their sweet dance moves every weekend. Each gang brings their own routines and own MP3 players. Any reflective surface--shop windows, aluminum panelling, ...
Shoved in a back alley of Seoul's hip Hongdae neighborhood, sandwiched somewhere between "Luxury Ho" Bar and the "F**kFake" Designer Boutique for Men (asterisks not included in actual name), Hello Kitty lives on. Or her cappuccinos do, at least. That's right, even though Hong Kong's legendary Hello Kitty Cafe lost the fight against gentrification, the ...
A little canine with your coffee? Feline with your free time? Find it here at the Dog and Cat Cafes of South Korea’s capital! If you’re feeling that mid-afternoon slump, there are several branches of pet cafes scattered throughout the city where you can un-dull those 4pm doldrums and set your dander allergies on fire. Buy ...
While sex workers were planning to set themselves on fire across town (thanks, Comrade Joe), M and I were deep in Comic World at Seoul's SETEC Convention Center. Each and every one of these girls -- dressed like their favorite comic book characters and anime heroes -- was perfect. Ask them to pose for a photo, ...