Also from Andy Deemer…
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain't So Lucky Fish)
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke's DVD Collection in Colombo
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- India's Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Film 101, with Guest Professor Kim Jong Il
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Beijing's Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- The Romance Park of the Heart – an abandoned Beijing theme park
- Beijing's Single Most Horrific Meal
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- The Cockiest Shrine in Bangkok
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- The Taj Mahal… Murder, Incest, and Fratricide
- Best Pix from Bangalore's First Ever ComicCon
- Hello Kitty & Cuppuccino!
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Nazi Fashion in China
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- Dr Shankar's Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- Why Chinese People Eat Fried Worms
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- A Tiny Roadside Village, Made From Quartz
- Goodbye Telegram / Hello Telegram
Tag Archives: crazy
Tokyo Mission #2: Miracle Fruit! I'd heard about Miracle Fruit at a hipster science conference in New York a few years ago, and had dreams of them ever since. History: in the 1700s, an explorer moved into a West African village. Everything was great, except the food -- it was horrible! Sour, disgusting, ...
I came to Tokyo for three pilgrimages. The first, a trip to Miyazaki's Ghibli Museum, left my cheeks wet with tears. The second, lunch at a Miracle Fruit Cafe, had me giggling aloud, the juice from an inedible umeboshi plum running down my chin. And the third? It was to be ...
The long, slow, dusty bus-ride cost 20 cents and took lord knows how long. But eventually it delivered us to the incredible Buddha Park. You see, 40 or so years ago, some loony Lao was hiking along a remote mountain trace, accidentally tripped, and fell into a hole. A deep hole. It was a lot like ...