- Kim Jong Il’s Remarkable Books About Filmmaking
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Sell Dried Sea Horses
- Why Chinese Drugstores Sell Deer Embryo and Penis
- Handmade Indian Movie Posters for Unlikely Hollywood Movies
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain’t So Lucky Fish)
- Murder, Incest, and Fratricide led to The Taj Mahal?
- Why Chinese People Eat Fried Worms
- This Strange Collector Has 1,000 Pairs of Shoes (and a Fetish for Foot Binding)
- This Chinese Temple is Filled with the Insanely Disturbing Sculptures
- The Illegal Mae Sot-Burma Border Crossing
- Outsider Art Kangaroos at the Beijing Zoo
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- 19 Incredible Taoist Gods at Beijing’s Dongyue Temple
- Lady Di Used to Sell Gynecology Textbooks in Burma
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- The Cutest Slippers of All Time
- Beijing’s Supercool Steampunk Printing Museum
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Possibly the Best Menu of All Time
Also from Andy Deemer…
Tag Archives: crazy
Tokyo Mission #2: Miracle Fruit! I'd heard about Miracle Fruit at a hipster science conference in New York a few years ago, and had dreams of them ever since. History: in the 1700s, an explorer moved into a West African village. Everything was great, except the food -- it was horrible! Sour, disgusting, ...
I came to Tokyo for three pilgrimages. The first, a trip to Miyazaki's Ghibli Museum, left my cheeks wet with tears. The second, lunch at a Miracle Fruit Cafe, had me giggling aloud, the juice from an inedible umeboshi plum running down my chin. And the third? It was to be ...
The long, slow, dusty bus-ride cost 20 cents and took lord knows how long. But eventually it delivered us to the incredible Buddha Park. You see, 40 or so years ago, some loony Lao was hiking along a remote mountain trace, accidentally tripped, and fell into a hole. A deep hole. It was a lot like ...