- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- India’s Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- What the Fortune Teller Told Me (Hong Kong)
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Nazi Fashion in China
- One Ghostly Cambodian Ruin
- A Huge Pile of Gorgeous Old Thai Movie Posters
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- Those Creepy Japanese Videos, Finally Explained
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- The Eko Nugroho Flower Suit Lives On
- American Imperialist Bastards in a North Korean Comic Book
- Philadelphia CheeseSteak Ice Cream
- The Best Place to Eat and Poop, Together!
- Eko Nugroho, We Love You. So we made a costume to prove it.
- A Huge New Horde of Hand-drawn Indian Movie Posters
- Pyongyang Too: A Tribute to Guy Delisle
- Awesomely Steampunk Portable Corn Roaster
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- Red Onion-Flavored Red Wine
- The New iOS Game From the Creators of AsiaObscura
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- Beijing’s Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Gorgeously Gory Paintings in a Burmese Temple
- Small Children Feeding Live Animals to Tigers in a Chinese Zoo
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- Great New Indian Sidewalk Movie Posters
- Sweet gruesome statue asking for donations
- A Postcard from Erenhot
- On Horse Meat Sashimi
- Antilia: The Most Gratuitous House in Mumbai
- The Taj Mahal… Murder, Incest, and Fratricide
- Plants vs Zombies, The Chinese Knockoff Toys
- Why Chinese People Eat Fried Worms
Tag Archives: cosplay
The blog has been ill-attended these last few weeks, with the move to India. Several grand projects are already underway here, but we'll have to keep those hush-hush for the time being. But in the meantime, we did manage to escape the craziness of the city for Bangalore's First EVER Comic Con this ...
Asia's newest Hello Kitty restaurant, Dreams Hello Kitty, may not be open yet, but it's getting reeeeeal close. We snuck inside for a few sweet pix before getting ousted... Looking AWESOME! As cool as Seoul's Hello Kitty Cafe... but with maid outfits!!! I just hope we'll get the sweet potato lattes, too! But sadly, I ...
As regular readers know, we at AsiaObscura love costumes. We've captured some incredible cosplay adventures here, here, here, here and even here. But it goes deeper. Almost every tourist hotspot across north-east Asia has a rack of costumes, a dramatic backdrop or two, and a whole boatload of awesomeness to dive into. Be ...
The Ladies of Cosplay -- cute, obsessive, meticulous -- were a sight to behold. But the boys? Well, there were a few pretty awesome getups, like these.... And this chap was remarkable: But for the most part, it was "slap-a-cardboard-box-on-my-head" and "bunny-ears" affair. Sorry lads -- the lovely ladies of Korean cosplay took the prize this ...
A couple of days ago, I posted my favorite pictures of cute Korean cosplay girls -- but that's the light-hearted side of Korean cosplay. Flip the switch -- today it's time for the dark half. That's right: Korean Nazis! Now many of you are probably horrified. It's still too recent. But the Koreans love ...
While sex workers were planning to set themselves on fire across town (thanks, Comrade Joe), M and I were deep in Comic World at Seoul's SETEC Convention Center. Each and every one of these girls -- dressed like their favorite comic book characters and anime heroes -- was perfect. Ask them to pose for a photo, ...
Fashion: Pink is everywhere, lace is everywhere, it's the Lolita look. But the real style de saison is dressing like a 19th Century French Maid. It's weird, but it's everywhere! Even white girls are buying in! And so, of course, a world of maid-staffed businesses have appeared. They have maid bars, maid cafes, even ...