- Why Chinese Pharmacies Sell Dried Sea Horses
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Hindus Are Buried…?!
- Murder, Incest, and Fratricide led to The Taj Mahal?
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Still Sell Ants
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Why Chinese Drugstores Sell Deer Embryo and Penis
- India’s Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- A Huge Pile of Gorgeous Old Thai Movie Posters
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
Also from Andy Deemer…
Tag Archives: cool
Cute baby bunnies, frolicking in a field. Identical twin monkeys, playing hide and seek. A sweet baby panda, serving soup to his sickly mother. This is how the 1986 mainland cartoon for kids, Inspector Black Cat (黑猫警长), always starts. But then... well, let's just say it's Tarantino time. Plenty of cartoons are violent, but in Inspector ...
When I was living in Kathmadu 20 years ago (yow!) this summer, I found this awesomely makeshift ferris wheel in a nearby theme park. A teenager would stand in the middle, and walk from one bar to the next, giving passengers a slow, staggered ride. Much more recently in southern Laos, down on the island Don Khon, ...
I'd just climbed off a Guangdong bus, and was waiting for Michelle at the bus station, when this little fellow popped his head -- quite unexpectedly -- out of his box. When I started taking pictures, of course his mom had to come and have a look... make sure everything was okay, and all...
Beijing's filled with hidden secrets. Behind all those highrise tower blocks and overpasses, there is awesomeness to be found. And so it was that we heard rumors of a decrepit half-built theme park, somewhere way out west. The rumors came from a Chinese film student, who'd heard them from a friend, who'd ...
King Rama IX, the King of Thailand, is groovy. I haven't read the ugly tell-all bio yet, but based on pictures alone, this is a man I can adore. Some oldies, first: But this next picture, his newest, which ran as the above-the-fold cover photo for every Thai newspaper on the first of January ...
To be honest, I came to Tokyo for only three reasons. Each had been percolating in my mind, independently, for years. Each seemed to be something I needed to do. Each of these demanded a pilgrimage. And each of these would be difficult. I first read about The Ghibli Museum in a ...