- Kim Jong Il’s Remarkable Series of Books About Filmmaking
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Handmade Indian Movie Posters for Unlikely Hollywood Movies
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain’t So Lucky Fish)
- Murder, Incest, and Fratricide led to The Taj Mahal?
- Why Chinese People Eat Fried Worms
- This Strange Collector Has 1,000 Pairs of Shoes (and a Fetish for Foot Binding)
- This Chinese Temple is Filled with the Insanely Disturbing Sculptures
- The Illegal Mae Sot-Burma Border Crossing
- Outsider Art Kangaroos at the Beijing Zoo
- 19 Incredible Taoist Gods at Beijing’s Dongyue Temple
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Antique Jews, Temple Jews, and even Plated Jews
- Lady Di Used to Sell Gynecology Textbooks in Burma
- Beijing’s Supercool Steampunk Printing Museum
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- The Cutest Slippers of All Time
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
Also from Andy Deemer…
Tag Archives: cool
Cute baby bunnies, frolicking in a field. Identical twin monkeys, playing hide and seek. A sweet baby panda, serving soup to his sickly mother. This is how the 1986 mainland cartoon for kids, Inspector Black Cat (黑猫警长), always starts. But then... well, let's just say it's Tarantino time. Plenty of cartoons are violent, but in Inspector ...
When I was living in Kathmadu 20 years ago (yow!) this summer, I found this awesomely makeshift ferris wheel in a nearby theme park. A teenager would stand in the middle, and walk from one bar to the next, giving passengers a slow, staggered ride. Much more recently in southern Laos, down on the island Don Khon, ...
I'd just climbed off a Guangdong bus, and was waiting for Michelle at the bus station, when this little fellow popped his head -- quite unexpectedly -- out of his box. When I started taking pictures, of course his mom had to come and have a look... make sure everything was okay, and all...
Beijing's filled with hidden secrets. Behind all those highrise tower blocks and overpasses, there is awesomeness to be found. And so it was that we heard rumors of a decrepit half-built theme park, somewhere way out west. The rumors came from a Chinese film student, who'd heard them from a friend, who'd ...
King Rama IX, the King of Thailand, is groovy. I haven't read the ugly tell-all bio yet, but based on pictures alone, this is a man I can adore. Some oldies, first: But this next picture, his newest, which ran as the above-the-fold cover photo for every Thai newspaper on the first of January ...
To be honest, I came to Tokyo for only three reasons. Each had been percolating in my mind, independently, for years. Each seemed to be something I needed to do. Each of these demanded a pilgrimage. And each of these would be difficult. I first read about The Ghibli Museum in a ...