- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Nazi Fashion in China
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- India’s Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- Small Children Feeding Live Animals to Tigers in a Chinese Zoo
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- What the Fortune Teller Told Me (Hong Kong)
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Chisney & Koreansney: Local Disney Knockoffs
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- One Ghostly Cambodian Ruin
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- A Huge Pile of Gorgeous Old Thai Movie Posters
- Dr Shankar’s Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- Heavy Petting in Seoul
- Sweet gruesome statue asking for donations
- Porn, Rats, and Antique Projectors at Sri Lanka’s Classic Cinemas
- Beijing’s Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Our Six Best China Stories!
- American Imperialist Bastards in a North Korean Comic Book
- Best Pix from Bangalore’s First Ever ComicCon
- The Great Chinese Chip Taste-Off
- Relive the Cultural Revolution (aka The Weirdest Dinner Theater in Beijing)
- Metropolis finally finds the right marketing campaign…
- 15 More Pictures from weirdoid Tiger Balm Park
- On Horse Meat Sashimi
- The Bold Boys of Korean Cosplay
- Return to Fake Disneyland? Sweeeeeet!
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- The Poem I Can’t Find…
- The Disastrous Fall of Sanmao
- A Postcard from Erenhot
- Amazing Skull Haircut on a Four-Year-Old
- North Korea frightening customs declarations form
- 13 Amazing Indian Circus Posters
Tag Archives: Cambodia
A few months ago, we ran a rather scandalous report on the insane ting mong scarecrows we'd spotted in the jungles of Cambodia. They were terrifying, but we knew almost nothing about them. Our driver was vague, the hotel receptionist insisted she'd never seen them before. So we slapped up the photos, ...
It used to be a retreat. 90 years ago, the French spent 9 months building Bokor Hill Station up as the ultimate getaway: escape from the miserable heat and humidity of Phnom Penh. 900 laborers died while building it, but to the French all these ghosts were worth it. There was a ...
It's so easy to be seduced by the beauty and simple peace of Cambodia... Oh, the temples, the jungles, the country roads. Although behind such breathtaking beauty sometimes there hides a wretched darkness. "Wha? What was that?" The first one we passed, we thought it was a man hiding in a bush. Waving a ...
We're still deep in the trenches at the taxidermy school outside Beijing, but I thought I'd take a moment to remember some living animals we came across, recently: Cambodian fighting fish. The males of the species will live for 2 or 3 years, it's said, and maybe even 7 or 9 if fed right... but if ...