Also from Andy Deemer…
The AsiaObscura Book
"Dancing dwarfs, Nazi cosplay, and children feeding tigers... phenomenal!" - Complex.com
The Stormglass Protocol
"A Bond adventure for kids... Undeniably entertaining." - Kirkus
"A brilliant twist on the classic theme... captivating." - ForeWord Clarion
"Action-packed and fast-paced... barrels along with a cheerful intensity and no shortage of middle-grade Bond-style adventure." - Publishers Weekly
Stormglass for the iPad
"Truly immersive. ★★★★½" - 148Apps.com
"Rich graphics, an immersive storyline, and puzzles that will have you turned upside down." - iDownloadBlog.com
"Pulls the genre out of its stationary roots." - JayIsGames.com
"Perfect" - The NY Times
"Terrific" - Entertainment Weekly
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain't So Lucky Fish)
- Hello Kitty & Cuppuccino!
- Be an Old Man, Have a Young Wife, in Laos
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- The Romance Park of the Heart – an abandoned Beijing theme park
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- No Panking!
- Stepping on Human Skulls in Bangalore's Black Magic Graveyard
- Dr Shankar's Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- A Museum of Nightmares in the Shadow of the Eiffel Tower
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Wonderfully Crumbling Old Cardboard Castle
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- Celebrating Easter in China…
- Fiendishly Fun Photo Ops at World Park
- Chinese Giant Salamander – a tasty treat!
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- The Ossuaries of Paris…
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- A Lovely Moment from Ghungroo
- The Disastrous Fall of Sanmao
- Keep the Evil Away For Chinese New Year
- Lady Di's Forgotten Career?
- M. Deyrolle's Lovely Collection of Taxidermy
- This Has To Be The Worst Massage Of All Time
- Outsider Art Kangaroos at the Beijing Zoo
- Beijing's Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Siamese fighting fish
- Coolest King Photos, Ever
Tag Archives: Cambodia
A few months ago, we ran a rather scandalous report on the insane ting mong scarecrows we'd spotted in the jungles of Cambodia. They were terrifying, but we knew almost nothing about them. Our driver was vague, the hotel receptionist insisted she'd never seen them before. So we slapped up the photos, ...
It used to be a retreat. 90 years ago, the French spent 9 months building Bokor Hill Station up as the ultimate getaway: escape from the miserable heat and humidity of Phnom Penh. 900 laborers died while building it, but to the French all these ghosts were worth it. There was a ...
It's so easy to be seduced by the beauty and simple peace of Cambodia... Oh, the temples, the jungles, the country roads. Although behind such breathtaking beauty sometimes there hides a wretched darkness. "Wha? What was that?" The first one we passed, we thought it was a man hiding in a bush. Waving a ...
We're still deep in the trenches at the taxidermy school outside Beijing, but I thought I'd take a moment to remember some living animals we came across, recently: Cambodian fighting fish. The males of the species will live for 2 or 3 years, it's said, and maybe even 7 or 9 if fed right... but if ...