- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- India’s Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Nazi Fashion in China
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- What the Fortune Teller Told Me (Hong Kong)
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- The Poem I Can’t Find…
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- Small Children Feeding Live Animals to Tigers in a Chinese Zoo
- Beijing’s Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- Chisney & Koreansney: Local Disney Knockoffs
- American Imperialist Bastards in a North Korean Comic Book
- Our Six Best China Stories!
- Dr Shankar’s Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- Porn, Rats, and Antique Projectors at Sri Lanka’s Classic Cinemas
- A Postcard from Erenhot
- Relive the Cultural Revolution (aka The Weirdest Dinner Theater in Beijing)
- A Huge Pile of Gorgeous Old Thai Movie Posters
- The Disastrous Fall of Sanmao
- One Ghostly Cambodian Ruin
- Sweet gruesome statue asking for donations
- Awesomely Steampunk Portable Corn Roaster
- 15 More Pictures from weirdoid Tiger Balm Park
- The Great Chinese Chip Taste-Off
- China’s first sci-fi movie: Death Ray on Coral Island (1980)
- Medicinal Sea Horse Soup
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- North Korea frightening customs declarations form
- The Taj Mahal… Murder, Incest, and Fratricide
- Best Pix from Bangalore’s First Ever ComicCon
- On Horse Meat Sashimi
- Pyongyang Too: A Tribute to Guy Delisle
Tag Archives: Burma
It's Woo's birthday today. Whoohoo! She took this dazzling picture in Burma. It reminds me of the Diane Arbus girls from so many years ago... Wish her Happy Birthday at her (way un-updated) blog, TheWooLand Hotel.
Sorry, the Two Girls One Cup video isn't here. But there's plenty of stomach-churning awesomeness here! Something about this Burmese billboard made me feel a little queasy...
Most people visit Ananda Phaya to see the massive gold Buddha. I'm not surprised: it's remarkable. But hidden in a side-alcove, propped up in the ceiling, I couldn't help noticing a series of paintings. Gloriously gore-filled paintings of demons wreaking havoc on mortals: boulders rolling over bloody victims, body parts dangling from coatracks, quartered corpses ...
I put this up on YouTube a little while back, but it's definitely worth putting up here: the illegal border crossing at Mae Sot.I shot this from the Thai side of the Thai-Burmese border. To get from Mae Sot to Myawaddy, you cross a bridge, pay a toll, and have your passport confiscated for ...
The Burmese palm reader warned me not to invest, or date women, until April. "You will be very unlucky." And to stay in after 9pm, "unless you go out with a friend." After referencing a chart in a book, he decided selling cars would be a good career. "Do you have any questions ...
This is incredible -- it's the illegal (but very open) border crossing between Myawaddy, Burma, and Mae Sot, Thailand. I shot this in the shadow of the official border bridge.