Also from Andy Deemer…
The AsiaObscura Book
"Dancing dwarfs, Nazi cosplay, and children feeding tigers... phenomenal!" - Complex.com
The Stormglass Protocol
"A Bond adventure for kids... Undeniably entertaining." - Kirkus
"A brilliant twist on the classic theme... captivating." - ForeWord Clarion
"Action-packed and fast-paced... barrels along with a cheerful intensity and no shortage of middle-grade Bond-style adventure." - Publishers Weekly
Stormglass for the iPad
"Truly immersive. ★★★★½" - 148Apps.com
"Rich graphics, an immersive storyline, and puzzles that will have you turned upside down." - iDownloadBlog.com
"Pulls the genre out of its stationary roots." - JayIsGames.com
"Perfect" - The NY Times
"Terrific" - Entertainment Weekly
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain't So Lucky Fish)
- Hello Kitty & Cuppuccino!
- Be an Old Man, Have a Young Wife, in Laos
- The Romance Park of the Heart – an abandoned Beijing theme park
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- No Panking!
- Stepping on Human Skulls in Bangalore's Black Magic Graveyard
- Dr Shankar's Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- A Museum of Nightmares in the Shadow of the Eiffel Tower
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Wonderfully Crumbling Old Cardboard Castle
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- Fiendishly Fun Photo Ops at World Park
- Chinese Giant Salamander – a tasty treat!
- Celebrating Easter in China…
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- The Ossuaries of Paris…
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- A Lovely Moment from Ghungroo
- The Disastrous Fall of Sanmao
- Keep the Evil Away For Chinese New Year
- M. Deyrolle's Lovely Collection of Taxidermy
- Lady Di's Forgotten Career?
- This Has To Be The Worst Massage Of All Time
- Outsider Art Kangaroos at the Beijing Zoo
- Beijing's Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Siamese fighting fish
- Coolest King Photos, Ever
Tag Archives: art
Okay, okay, I've been dwelling on the dark side of Taoism for too long. Sure, 19 Incredible Taoist Gods was an awesome series of sweet court officer pix, and Terrible Moments from a Taoist Temple was a collection of terrifying dioramas, but what about the lighter, cuter side of the religion? Is there one? ...
This Wednesday thru Friday, if you're in Beijing, you shouldn't miss the best of the "model operas," The Red Detachment of Women (红色娘子军). Playing for three nights only at Poly Plaza. It's called a model opera, but it's actually a ballet. The eight model operas were, during the height of the cultural ...
A $2 tuktuk ride from the ancient city of Pingyao 平遥, in the deserts of Shanxi Province, there's a wonderful little temple called Shuanglin Temple (双林寺). The name translates to something like A Pair of Forests Temple. Cute. Inside, though, you'll find a strange sight. Walk to the back, and you'll come across the Goddess Temple, ...
The long, slow, dusty bus-ride cost 20 cents and took lord knows how long. But eventually it delivered us to the incredible Buddha Park. You see, 40 or so years ago, some loony Lao was hiking along a remote mountain trace, accidentally tripped, and fell into a hole. A deep hole. It was a lot like ...