Also from Andy Deemer…
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain't So Lucky Fish)
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- India's Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke's DVD Collection in Colombo
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- Beijing's Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Film 101, with Guest Professor Kim Jong Il
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- Beijing's Single Most Horrific Meal
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- The Cockiest Shrine in Bangkok
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- The Romance Park of the Heart – an abandoned Beijing theme park
- Nazi Fashion in China
- Hello Kitty & Cuppuccino!
- Best Pix from Bangalore's First Ever ComicCon
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- China's all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Dr Shankar's Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- A Huge New Horde of Hand-drawn Indian Movie Posters
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- A Tiny Roadside Village, Made From Quartz
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
Category Archives: The Zombie Files
Sorry that I've been so lousy about updating the blog... work in India has gone from regular to quite mad. However, expect a couple of good updates coming soon! In the meantime, I did have time for my first PechaKucha talk, on a lifetime dream that turned out to be more of a nightmare. ...
I’m not a great filmmaker. Or a famous one. If I was, I wouldn’t have ended up drenched in a 3AM rainstorm of the roof of a dilapidated McDonalds, bailing out the small lake of water forming around my sneakers. I definitely wouldn’t have started my filmmaking career in the slums of Buffalo, or have ...
We needed squibs. I didn't exactly know what they were, or how they worked, but they're little charges that explode under an actor's shirt, so it looks like they've just been shot. Just like in Die Hard or Bad Boys II. But in Poultrygeist, it wasn't Hans Gruber who'd be shot—it was the horde of ...