Also from Andy Deemer…
The AsiaObscura Book
The Stormglass Protocol
"Like a Bond adventure for kids... Undeniably entertaining." - Kirkus
"A brilliant twist on the classic theme... captivating." - ForeWord Clarion
"Action-packed and fast-paced... barrels along with a cheerful intensity and no shortage of middle-grade Bond-style adventure." - Publishers Weekly
Stormglass for the iPad
"Truly immersive. ★★★★½" - 148Apps.com
"Rich graphics, an immersive storyline, and puzzles that will have you turned upside down." - iDownloadBlog.com
"Pulls the genre out of its stationary roots." - JayIsGames.com
"Perfect" - The NY Times
"Terrific" - Entertainment Weekly
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- India's Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- The Cockiest Shrine in Bangkok
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- Beijing's Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke's DVD Collection in Colombo
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- The Poem I Can't Find…
- Outsider Art Kangaroos at the Beijing Zoo
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain't So Lucky Fish)
- A Lovely Writeup of My Fowl Documentary
- The Cutest Slippers of All Time
- Modern Day Cavemen of Shanxi
- Tongzhou's "Kids with Measles" Ride
- No Panking!
- Ready to Rumble
- The Romance Park of the Heart – an abandoned Beijing theme park
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- Awesomely Steampunk Portable Corn Roaster
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Hello Kitty & Cuppuccino!
- Nazi Fashion in China
- Chasing the Shaman in Mongolia
- A Museum of Nightmares in the Shadow of the Eiffel Tower
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- A Tiny Roadside Village, Made From Quartz
Category Archives: The Zombie Files
Sorry that I've been so lousy about updating the blog... work in India has gone from regular to quite mad. However, expect a couple of good updates coming soon! In the meantime, I did have time for my first PechaKucha talk, on a lifetime dream that turned out to be more of a nightmare. ...
I’m not a great filmmaker. Or a famous one. If I was, I wouldn’t have ended up drenched in a 3AM rainstorm of the roof of a dilapidated McDonalds, bailing out the small lake of water forming around my sneakers. I definitely wouldn’t have started my filmmaking career in the slums of Buffalo, or have ...
We needed squibs. I didn't exactly know what they were, or how they worked, but they're little charges that explode under an actor's shirt, so it looks like they've just been shot. Just like in Die Hard or Bad Boys II. But in Poultrygeist, it wasn't Hans Gruber who'd be shot—it was the horde of ...