Also from Andy Deemer…
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- India's Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke's DVD Collection in Colombo
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain't So Lucky Fish)
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- Beijing's Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Beijing's Single Most Horrific Meal
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- Film 101, with Guest Professor Kim Jong Il
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- The Cockiest Shrine in Bangkok
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Nazi Fashion in China
- Best Pix from Bangalore's First Ever ComicCon
- The Romance Park of the Heart – an abandoned Beijing theme park
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- Hello Kitty & Cuppuccino!
- China's all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- A Huge New Horde of Hand-drawn Indian Movie Posters
- Dr Shankar's Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- A Tiny Roadside Village, Made From Quartz
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
Category Archives: The Zombie Files
Sorry that I've been so lousy about updating the blog... work in India has gone from regular to quite mad. However, expect a couple of good updates coming soon! In the meantime, I did have time for my first PechaKucha talk, on a lifetime dream that turned out to be more of a nightmare. ...
I’m not a great filmmaker. Or a famous one. If I was, I wouldn’t have ended up drenched in a 3AM rainstorm of the roof of a dilapidated McDonalds, bailing out the small lake of water forming around my sneakers. I definitely wouldn’t have started my filmmaking career in the slums of Buffalo, or have ...
We needed squibs. I didn't exactly know what they were, or how they worked, but they're little charges that explode under an actor's shirt, so it looks like they've just been shot. Just like in Die Hard or Bad Boys II. But in Poultrygeist, it wasn't Hans Gruber who'd be shot—it was the horde of ...