Also from Andy Deemer…
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- India's Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke's DVD Collection in Colombo
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Beijing's Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Beijing's Single Most Horrific Meal
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- The Cockiest Shrine in Bangkok
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain't So Lucky Fish)
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- A Huge New Horde of Hand-drawn Indian Movie Posters
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- China's all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Nazi Fashion in China
- Dr Shankar's Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- Best Pix from Bangalore's First Ever ComicCon
- Hello Kitty & Cuppuccino!
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- The Romance Park of the Heart – an abandoned Beijing theme park
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- Possibly the Best Menu of All Time
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- Outsider Art Kangaroos at the Beijing Zoo
Category Archives: Pretty Pictures
It's Woo's birthday today. Whoohoo! She took this dazzling picture in Burma. It reminds me of the Diane Arbus girls from so many years ago... Wish her Happy Birthday at her (way un-updated) blog, TheWooLand Hotel.
Wolves had come down from the hills, and torn apart a horse. The villagers were building new sheds, to keep the young lambs and goats in, and bringing in all the animals. It was a moment.