- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- India’s Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Nazi Fashion in China
- What the Fortune Teller Told Me (Hong Kong)
- One Ghostly Cambodian Ruin
- A Huge Pile of Gorgeous Old Thai Movie Posters
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- The Eko Nugroho Flower Suit Lives On
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- Those Creepy Japanese Videos, Finally Explained
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Philadelphia CheeseSteak Ice Cream
- A Huge New Horde of Hand-drawn Indian Movie Posters
- Pyongyang Too: A Tribute to Guy Delisle
- American Imperialist Bastards in a North Korean Comic Book
- The Best Place to Eat and Poop, Together!
- Eko Nugroho, We Love You. So we made a costume to prove it.
- The New iOS Game From the Creators of AsiaObscura
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- Awesomely Steampunk Portable Corn Roaster
- Red Onion-Flavored Red Wine
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- Small Children Feeding Live Animals to Tigers in a Chinese Zoo
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- Great New Indian Sidewalk Movie Posters
- Sweet gruesome statue asking for donations
- Gorgeously Gory Paintings in a Burmese Temple
- Beijing’s Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Plants vs Zombies, The Chinese Knockoff Toys
- A Postcard from Erenhot
- Why Chinese People Eat Fried Worms
- Porn, Rats, and Antique Projectors at Sri Lanka’s Classic Cinemas
- The Cockiest Shrine in Bangkok
- Antilia: The Most Gratuitous House in Mumbai
Category Archives: Fashionista
Not sure what I loved most about this banner we passed in a Bangalore market: the complete unexpectedness of it, or the incredibly bad photoshopping of two different women. Anyhow, I'm going for the hipster style.
That's twice I've seen guys on my street wearing the Nazi iron cross. The first was an office worker on lunch break. He was dressed in a handsome suit, but in place of a tie wore a heavy Nazi cross. He saw me staring, and he smiled. I think he thought it looked dapper. ...
You may have seen my post about the Red Restaurant, where dancers, singers and audiences recreate and celebrate the years of famine and starvation of the Great Leap Forward, and the torture and slaughter of the Cultural Revolution. Something I left out was this lady. While many were dressed in the red guard dress of ...
From the front, our 4-year-old neighbor appears to be sporting just another Mandinka warrior buzz.... But from the back.... I really hope this 8-bit-skull-shaved-into-the-back-of-the-head catches on. Reminds me of my old Troma pal Noah Scalin's Skull-A-Day project.