- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Nazi Fashion in China
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- About Andy Deemer & AsiaObscura
- India’s Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- What the Fortune Teller Told Me (Hong Kong)
- The Poem I Can’t Find…
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- Small Children Feeding Live Animals to Tigers in a Chinese Zoo
- Beijing’s Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- Our Six Best China Stories!
- American Imperialist Bastards in a North Korean Comic Book
- A Postcard from Erenhot
- Chisney & Koreansney: Local Disney Knockoffs
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- Dr Shankar’s Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- Porn, Rats, and Antique Projectors at Sri Lanka’s Classic Cinemas
- Relive the Cultural Revolution (aka The Weirdest Dinner Theater in Beijing)
- The Disastrous Fall of Sanmao
- One Ghostly Cambodian Ruin
- Medicinal Sea Horse Soup
- 15 More Pictures from weirdoid Tiger Balm Park
- Awesomely Steampunk Portable Corn Roaster
- China’s first sci-fi movie: Death Ray on Coral Island (1980)
- North Korea frightening customs declarations form
- Sweet gruesome statue asking for donations
- A Huge Pile of Gorgeous Old Thai Movie Posters
- On Horse Meat Sashimi
- Pyongyang Too: A Tribute to Guy Delisle
- The Taj Mahal… Murder, Incest, and Fratricide
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- Antilia: The Most Gratuitous House in Mumbai
- The Great Chinese Chip Taste-Off
Category Archives: Copyright Carelessness
Why buy generic no-name Beijing loafery when you can pay just a few extra kuai for the sweet wheat of Wikipedia-brand bread? Oops, sorry, Wekipedia-brand. That's right! The Free Encyclowheatia That Anyone Can Edit! Now all that's left to do is pair it with some McDonald's Eggs for a copyright infringing Egg in the ...
A few weeks ago I found these gorgeous McEggs at the local supermarket... McAwesome! But Jade Garden Jewelry has also jumped on the McBandwagon. Clearly, there's a new Beijing logo-piracy McMovement.
Old Galle may be protected as a UNESCO World Heritage site, but that hasn't stopped fast food chains from sprawling around the town. Oh, don't worry, they all appear to be Sri Lankan, but they are strangely familiar...
We already have a Beijing ChineDisneyland, and the abandoned WonderDisneyLand. But what about these Disney knockoffs... Government-published Travel in Chinese language books... Papa Daniel Koreatalian diners.... Yes Madam (It's My Choice) Body Lotion, at every local pharmacy.... My favorite, though, is this Disney toy I found in with other toys at the market down the ...
You may have seen my post about the Red Restaurant, where dancers, singers and audiences recreate and celebrate the years of famine and starvation of the Great Leap Forward, and the torture and slaughter of the Cultural Revolution. Something I left out was this lady. While many were dressed in the red guard dress of ...
I found a flyer on the subway, for Beijing's "岭郡ONE: Tuscany Romantic life" apartment complex, units from 430 sq-ft. Clever... looked like an ipad. WAITASECOND!!! Is that Ethan O'Brien or James Cheung's GameSpot logo, promoting "No limit loans" (不限贷)??? Oh yeah, it is. Nice work, Chinese bootleggers! Reminds me of that sweet Wii-knockoff "Wü Music Kit" ...
Zombies -- along with time-travel -- are banned in China. (So don't watch my Beijing zombie music video, Zombie Girl. Or buy a bootleg copy of my movie, Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead.) But that doesn't stop Plants vs Zombies from becoming China's favorite videogame. You hear the theme song ...
I was always sad Beijing didn't have a Disneyland for weekend fun, but it turns out we do. Well, a fake one. Not far from the center of town, at the Bajiao stop on subway Line 1, is the incredible Beijing Shijingshan Amusement Park (北京石景山游乐园). Admission was about US$1.50, and what a ...
There's no reason to travel all the way to Hong Kong, when Beijing has it's own Disneyland right here! Sure, it's fake, and weird, and... crumbling, but it couldn't be more fun! Discover the unlicensed (and probably unsafe) Shrek, Indiana Jones, and Batman rides, all surrounding a dusty Epcot Center. Admire the ...