Buy Indian Posters
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Sell Dried Sea Horses
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Murder, Incest, and Fratricide led to The Taj Mahal?
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke’s DVD Collection in Colombo
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Still Sell Ants
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Hindus Are Buried…?!
- Lady Di Used to Sell Gynecology Textbooks in Burma
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Why Chinese Drugstores Sell Deer Embryo and Penis
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- A Huge Pile of Gorgeous Old Thai Movie Posters
Also from Andy Deemer…
Category Archives: Excellent Products
That's right! From the producer of Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead, the director of Poultry in Motion: Truth is Stranger than Chicken, and the writer of The Stormglass Protocol for the iPad comes the blog compilation of the decade! Featuring unseen photos, original stories, deranged dishes, new adventures and all your favorite AsiaObscura moments, ...
I love this hand-painted ad for Bhadra Tarps. You know they're tough if even this mustached hunk can't rip them! (Then compare to their rather lackluster website. Oh....)
Hannah took us deep into the bowels of City Market, a mad maze of alleyways crammed tight with shops stacked atop one another. Porters and motorbikes race past, honking endlessly and piled unrealistically high with samples. Cows tread through it all, slathered in shit and chomping slowly on four-foot piles of trash. ...
Not sure what I loved most about this banner we passed in a Bangalore market: the complete unexpectedness of it, or the incredibly bad photoshopping of two different women. Anyhow, I'm going for the hipster style.
Two different directions. (I think these were sent to me by the awesome David & Michelle F, who we met in a tepid Pyongyang BBQ joint.)
China just looooooves its smokes. Convenience stores sell them, grocery stores, supermarkets -- and yet STILL you'll still find dedicated tobacco stores on just about every corner. Notice how Little Miss Flowers & Fruits squeezes into a tiny nook, while Mr Brand Name Cigarettes sprawls out double-wide. Yep, there's money in smokes! Need bridal makeup? Forget ...
These Sri Lankan puppets, a tradition of the coastal village of Ambalangoda, embarrassingly look more like my Kentucky and Carolina kin than anything else. At about five bucks each, we couldn't resist walking away with a bagful. But my favorite was a gorgeous four-foot-tall devil puppet. It was too big for our bag, but ...
I can't imagine a stranger way to advertise a hot dog, really. As seen in Ulan Bator, the Mongolian capital.
Zombies -- along with time-travel -- are banned in China. (So don't watch my Beijing zombie music video, Zombie Girl. Or buy a bootleg copy of my movie, Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead.) But that doesn't stop Plants vs Zombies from becoming China's favorite videogame. You hear the theme song ...