Also from Andy Deemer…
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Lucky Fruit (and Ain't So Lucky Fish)
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
- The Quirk of Bangalore Palace
- A Sweet New Batch of Indian Movie Posters
- Why Chinese People Eat Sea Horse
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke's DVD Collection in Colombo
- India's Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Beijing's incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Why Chinese People Eat Deer Penis
- Film 101, with Guest Professor Kim Jong Il
- Why Chinese People Eat Ants
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Collapsing Caves, Dead Spelunkers, Corpse Robbery, and Big Mike's Mystery House
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Beijing's Dongyue Temple and Their 19 Incredible Taoist Gods
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- 18 Terrible Moments from a Taoist Hell
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Another Little Bangalore Boat Church
- Beijing's Single Most Horrific Meal
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- The Cockiest Shrine in Bangkok
- The Romance Park of the Heart – an abandoned Beijing theme park
- The Sick Collector and His 1000 Pairs of Shoes
- All the Fortunes on Hong Kong's Temple Street
- Hello Kitty & Cuppuccino!
- Nazi Fashion in China
- Best Pix from Bangalore's First Ever ComicCon
- Another Abandoned Beijing Amusement Park
- North Korean traffic lights… um… robot ladies.
- Dr Shankar's Wonderful Collection of Brains and Other Medical Obscura
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- China's all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- A Tiny Roadside Village, Made From Quartz
- A Huge New Horde of Hand-drawn Indian Movie Posters
- Outrageously Cute Korean Cosplay: The 21 Favorites
- Goodbye Telegram / Hello Telegram
Category Archives: Chinglish
We haven't seen this Jingkelong supermarket sign ourselves, but reader Randi sent it in, adding, "Apparently, their marketing strategy is to appeal to customers at two different ends of the spectrum -- or maybe this is a brilliant plan to encourage people with a bad habit to try to offset its effects." Classic. ...
Not that many nights ago, WooLand and I were thrilled to be invited to one of the great linguistic banquets of the season. Government ministers, foreign diplomats, prominent magazine editors -- it was a real who's who of language and culture. And then we saw what was for dinner... Oh, boy... ...
They're strict about this.... They were out of this.... We didn't understand this.... This was the only way out.... All this, and more, at Crab Island.
I thought this was so endearing...."Please take care oldster and child" on the Beijing subway escalators.
I'm so sad this Taiyuan fast food joint was closed for Chinese New Year... I really, honestly craved a burger. And a Kaka Burger? Oh that would have hit the spot!