- Why Chinese Pharmacies Sell Dried Sea Horses
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- Murder, Incest, and Fratricide led to The Taj Mahal?
- Hindus Are Buried…?!
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Still Sell Ants
- Why Chinese Drugstores Sell Deer Embryo and Penis
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- India’s Incredibly Cool Hand-Drawn Movie Posters
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- A Huge Pile of Gorgeous Old Thai Movie Posters
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- Learn How to Speak North Korean
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
Also from Andy Deemer…
Author Archives: The WooLand Hotel
Waldo in China sketch from Deep Thinkings I'm having a conversation (albeit one-sided) with the neighbor about a leak in our ceiling, with the cab driver about the reasons for the traffic, to the butcher about the right cut of meat. In every case, I nod my head, "uh-huh, uh-huh," hoping that I will glean something ...
A little canine with your coffee? Feline with your free time? Find it here at the Dog and Cat Cafes of South Korea’s capital! If you’re feeling that mid-afternoon slump, there are several branches of pet cafes scattered throughout the city where you can un-dull those 4pm doldrums and set your dander allergies on fire. Buy ...
With Melaka being a culture mix of Indian, Malay, Chinese, Dutch and Portuguese, amongst others, local customs are very much honored and preserved. Buddhists, keeping up with modern times, offer their ancestors the very best in the afterlife. Apart from the expected cash to spend and incense to purify and keep them from ...
If you're having any troubles with your eyes, head to the cliff-side Temple of the Eyesight Buddha on Mianshan Mountain to make your prostrations. After all, this Buddha would know - he has 5 eyes himself. But watch out, although he can cure diseases of the eyes, he is able to "perceive all things."
We all knew the DPRK would be fastidious in their care for appearances. Their garish carpets and upholstery harked back to a bygone time (the 60s? even then it probably wasn't in fashion). What I didn't expect was how much they liked their symmetry. Also, although these set ups had their charm and air of welcome, ...