Buy Indian Posters
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Sell Dried Sea Horses
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke’s DVD Collection in Colombo
- Murder, Incest, and Fratricide led to The Taj Mahal?
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Still Sell Ants
- Hindus Are Buried…?!
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
- Why Chinese Drugstores Sell Deer Embryo and Penis
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- Nazi Fashion in China
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- Prosthetic Noses, Red Wigs, and Whiteface… American Characters in Chinese Films
Also from Andy Deemer…
Author Archives: The WooLand Hotel
Waldo in China sketch from Deep Thinkings I'm having a conversation (albeit one-sided) with the neighbor about a leak in our ceiling, with the cab driver about the reasons for the traffic, to the butcher about the right cut of meat. In every case, I nod my head, "uh-huh, uh-huh," hoping that I will glean something ...
A little canine with your coffee? Feline with your free time? Find it here at the Dog and Cat Cafes of South Korea’s capital! If you’re feeling that mid-afternoon slump, there are several branches of pet cafes scattered throughout the city where you can un-dull those 4pm doldrums and set your dander allergies on fire. Buy ...
With Melaka being a culture mix of Indian, Malay, Chinese, Dutch and Portuguese, amongst others, local customs are very much honored and preserved. Buddhists, keeping up with modern times, offer their ancestors the very best in the afterlife. Apart from the expected cash to spend and incense to purify and keep them from ...
If you're having any troubles with your eyes, head to the cliff-side Temple of the Eyesight Buddha on Mianshan Mountain to make your prostrations. After all, this Buddha would know - he has 5 eyes himself. But watch out, although he can cure diseases of the eyes, he is able to "perceive all things."
We all knew the DPRK would be fastidious in their care for appearances. Their garish carpets and upholstery harked back to a bygone time (the 60s? even then it probably wasn't in fashion). What I didn't expect was how much they liked their symmetry. Also, although these set ups had their charm and air of welcome, ...