King Rama IX, the King of Thailand, is groovy. I haven’t read the ugly tell-all bio yet, but based on pictures alone, this is a man I can adore. Some oldies, first:
But this next picture, his newest, which ran as the above-the-fold cover photo for every Thai newspaper on the first of January this year, is just about my favorite. I mean, how cool is this guy?
- 21 Amazing Bangalore Breakfast Dishes
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Sell Dried Sea Horses
- Beijing’s incredible (and completely fake) Disneyland
- This Hindu God has 1,000 Vaginas!
- Why Chinese People Eat Snake as Medicine
- Hindus Are Buried…?!
- Why Chinese Pharmacies Still Sell Ants
- Amazing Old Bollywood Poster Shops
- Murder, Incest, and Fratricide led to The Taj Mahal?
- Sifting Through Arthur C. Clarke’s DVD Collection in Colombo
- Classic Chinese Torture Methods (and their cute names)
- The Creepiest Amusement Park of All Time?
- Castration Classes at the Beijing Eunuch Culture Exhibition Hall
- The Insane Monkey Bar in Tokyo
- Why Chinese Drugstores Sell Deer Embryo and Penis
- This Strange Collector Has 1,000 Pairs of Shoes (and a Fetish for Foot Binding)
- Whoring in Chiang Mai
- China’s all-time favorite (and all-time darkest?) comic book: Sanmao
- Beijing’s Single Most Horrific Meal
- The 38th Reich: Korean Nazi Cosplay
Also from Andy Deemer…